Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #197

I have said this before and will repeat, Pop Up to Prevost when you get right down to it, They're all just campers no matter what the cost!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #198

Well, I'm sitting here on the computer and looked out the window and noticed new neighbors coming in. I realize it's a long Prevost and thought, "I hope they don't park next to us. I don't want to look like an acorn next to the big oak tree." I then realized we're in the back-in sites. Of course they'll get a pull-through. LOL They looked like the King & Queen sitting in their cockpit. I'm sure they're nice people. Plan to go over & meet them and say hi. Hope they'll offer a tour!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Chick
They looked like the King & Queen sitting in their cockpit.
That is how DW and I have felt with every RV we have owed. Life is good!
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #200

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus

That is how DW and I have felt with every RV we have owed. Life is good!
Not only do I hope we look like a king and queen, we feel like a king and queen....I love the feeling when I'm sitting in the pilot seat cruising down the road, I like the feeling of all that mass around me.....I know I am in control.....
Papaw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #201

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Who cares what other people think of your rig? Are you happy with it? That is what is important. To me, my rig is the most expensive out there because the joy it brings to me and my family is Priceless!
Post number 30 -----------------(WELL SAID -WELL SAID)
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
I know that this will seem a bit… Odd. Hopefully no one will take offence by it (wanna bet someone will?)

We have looked at trading up to a 40’ + Class A – full body paint, four slides, nicer than a “New York apartment” and wondered (THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE WHO OWN RIGS IN THE $400,000 RANGE AND UP): Have you ever felt odd, out of place, looked at with a jaundice eye in campgrounds while others parked around you looked/stared in envy? Has this ever bothered or disturbed you – made you feel uncomfortable?

Just curious. Other than being THRILLED that you are the one with the FANTASTIC rig, has it crossed your mind and wondered if other felt the same way? Has it negatively affected you?
I don't own one of those fancy rigs, but can say I never looked at those who do with any death ray eyes of jealousy. They look nice, I am happy for them that they have one, but personally I don't camp enough to justify the cost. If I bought one, it would be silly since I don't camp enough in the year to justify paying that much for it. Don't diss those who do.

On the flipside, do you in your fancy rig look down on those of us who just have a nice travel trailer? LOL IF you do though, I don't really care, just wondering as your post got me to thinking about it :-P

IN all seriousness though, it is how much fun you have with your RV vs cost. If you have an expensive one and don't enjoy it, all the money in the world won't help. Same as if you have a cheap one and hate it. It's all about the value of fun and happiness.
JadedDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #203

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
When I retired my wife and I decided to buy the biggest and the best mh that was not a Prevost. No longer did I want to look out of the window of my less expensive MH and see another mh and say I wish we had one of those. I now have what I consider "one of those" and I am sorry but I don't feel guilty or uncomfortable. I worked for everything I have and I am proud of what I have.

Well said sir.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #204

We recently pulled into a campground with our new Entegra and got a lot of looks from our neighbors in TT and 5th wheels. This is in a very nice park on a lake. A few people clearly gave us looks that suggested we must be made of money (far from it!). We found the best way to cut through any envy or jealousy is to be very friendly and welcoming. After our 5 days there we had made many new friends who realized its people that count, not the RV they own. We owned a TT when we started in RVing in 1998, moved to a Dolphin 5355 in 2001, and made the jump to this DP last December. We are the same people we were in 1998 - just more debt now!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #205

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy02 View Post
We recently pulled into a campground with our new Entegra and got a lot of looks from our neighbors in TT and 5th wheels. This is in a very nice park on a lake. A few people clearly gave us looks that suggested we must be made of money (far from it!). We found the best way to cut through any envy or jealousy is to be very friendly and welcoming. After our 5 days there we had made many new friends who realized its people that count, not the RV they own. We owned a TT when we started in RVing in 1998, moved to a Dolphin 5355 in 2001, and made the jump to this DP last December. We are the same people we were in 1998 - just more debt now!
Absolutely!
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #206

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
When I start feeling superior my wife makes me take out the garbage. New or old, big or small, rich or poor we are all equal at the dump station!!!!

Don
Like you said ... at the end of the day, pop-up to Newell/Prevost, we are all still dumping our black tanks with a slinky .. .unless of course you have a driver that sleeps in the secret compartment in the basement
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
Like you said ... at the end of the day, pop-up to Newell/Prevost, we are all still dumping our black tanks with a slinky .. .unless of course you have a driver that sleeps in the secret compartment in the basement
Are you saying having a guy who sleeps in my storage to unload my tanks is wrong?

Oh my SO is going to slam me for that one if he sees this. LOL I do provide him a blanket tho.
JadedDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #208

On our recent RV trip we saw a pink colored Prevost. Even the mirrors were pink. Maybe his wife chose the color? He was towing a large trailer and I did like his red Ferrari.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #209

When I was looking for MHs, the dealer showed me a pink vintage one that everything inside was pink, including the Jacuzzi.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #210

"Have you ever felt odd, out of place, looked at with a jaundice eye in campgrounds while others parked around you looked/stared in envy? Has this ever bothered or disturbed you – made you feel uncomfortable?"

I think this question has a point-of-perspective answer - you don't need to own a $400K unit to have reflective thought.

I have pulled my much less costly Daybreak into campgrounds where I had the biggest, newest and shiniest rig there. How they react/view/perceive the acquisitions of others is based on their particular upbringing and self-confidence. Some will openly and sincerely congratulate you, others will silently leer with envy. People are people.

You could take that same question above and move it to a different setting - one that more readers may have experienced than those owing a $400K MH.

"Have you ever felt odd, out of place, looked at with a jaundice eye in third-world country while others sat around you looked/stared in envy? Has this ever bothered or disturbed you – made you feel uncomfortable?"(i.e., a vacation to one of the Caribbean isles).

For me I do not feel uncomfortable - I get reflective - thankful that I am lucky enough to be born where I was and able to succeed as I did. I believe the moment a person thinks they are better than someone else is the same moment they become less then anyone else.

Conversely, when a $400K MH parks next to me I don't feel, nor do my seemingly staring looks imply, envy. I look because those $400K MH are pretty and massive and interesting to gaze upon. Just because I cannot now or ever afford to own one does not turn a daydreaming session into a competitive incident.

I know I will never walk on the moon, but I am not jealous of Neil Armstrong.

Daydreaming does not equate envy - it is just daydreaming - curiosity and staring is natural, and people are people.

Kathy