Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #71

So UNSUBSCRIBE AND DON'T READ IT. Nobody is forcing you to use even more bandwidth.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'd bet if you started talking technical RV, you'd probably get a deer in the headlight blank stare.
You'd get that from me too, but thats just because thats not my area of expertise. I'm a driver... the technical stuff is for my pit crew. Man do I love & appreciate my pit crew!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #73

To each his own...
My current top of the line, would like to have is a Voltage 3310. If I win the lottery a Voltage 3310, now at that point I might not care as much about warranty on the TV and sup it up for another 100hp or so or get a M2 (hey my money). But myself I would be afraid to break something in a 400k unit, and having DW keep it clean would get me shot.... again to each his/her own.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #74

Cooke, if you could afford a $400k rig, you could afford a maid to come in and clean it. Duh!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #75

Yea, however I also work security as part of my job, so I do not trust people.

...so I guess I would feel un comfortable ...
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #76

This weekend we'll be racing our vintage cars at Cal Speedway. In our particular group, there will be our Journey, a Winnebago C Class, a "National" A class, a Foretravel, two Beavers, a Van Hool, and a Prevost. I think all but the National are fully paid for, and none of us really cares all that much about fuel mileage. We simply fill it up when it runs low. We also pay $9.75/gallon for race gas... The Van Hool was probably the most expensive, I'm guessing around $1.3M. The Prevost conversion around $1.1M, then down to the production coaches; Bob's Foretravel, my Journey, the Beaver guys, etc... Add in a race trailer, several of us have nice stacker trailers each holding two or three race cars. Then fill with your vintage race car(s) of choice. Figure between $20k-300k for that. I usually take a spare car as well, because I race Triumph's...

All that to say, nobody I know considers themselves better for having a more expensive coach, and none of us consider ourselves envious of the guys with the high end coaches. (I wouldn't call a $400k coach a high end, more of a mid-level coach) We even have a few folks who tent camp at the track, and they hang out just the same with the rest of us. They do tend to smell a bit worse though...

If your going to travel, might as well travel in style...
Old 06-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
Yea, however I also work security as part of my job, so I do not trust people.

...so I guess I would feel un comfortable ...
I hear ya.

I don't worry about gas mileage either. I do check it just so I can get some sympathy at the campfire, but it won't stop me from going anywhere/anytime I want.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #78

In those million $ Prevosts I bet there is a copy of the "Trailer Life" Directory.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
Well, to tell the truth, I don't give a damn about what anybody "feels" about anything, period!

Ed
I'm with you Ed !!

Chuck
Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #80

I guess my short answer should have been" "no, not if I had one. But I wouldn't look down to those with cheaper rigs".

I haven't owned a pricey unit, but have camped in them, as a friend of mine was a dealer. We stayed in a new full load/customized Essex for a wknd (can't recall list price, but it's like $700k CDN???), and we got some stares. Ppl assumed I was a drug dealer, because I am younger. Even with my own MH, they think that :P

and to those that think this is a worthless thread, come on, how mature are you??....grow up and let ppl voice their opinions. It's obviously a legitimate topic for some.

Remember those guys that insisted their teacher give them homework in grade school?? Those are the same guys you find complaining about threads like this :P
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #81

Its just not fair that some have a Prevost and I have an entry level class A! I'll have to call the government to make things more fair. Seriously, why can't those who can afford luxury have it? Its their money.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #82

I certainly do not own a expensive envious rig, it's quite the opposite, I'm never jealous of anyone with beautiful luxurious rigs, they earned it and it's what they want, I would however in an instant trade my class a for a nice travel trailer, I don't travel, so a trailer would be fine for me. Id add what things I want to make it how I want it and keep it for years of paid for enjoyment, people are people, in my eyes all are equal, and to those who don't share that view, your missing out! A friend who has since passed always lived by the philosophy, "there is no such thing as strangers, just friends I have not met yet"
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #83

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
I know that this will seem a bit… Odd. Hopefully no one will take offence by it (wanna bet someone will?)

We have looked at trading up to a 40’ + Class A – full body paint, four slides, nicer than a “New York apartment” and wondered (THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE WHO OWN RIGS IN THE $400,000 RANGE AND UP): Have you ever felt odd, out of place, looked at with a jaundice eye in campgrounds while others parked around you looked/stared in envy? Has this ever bothered or disturbed you – made you feel uncomfortable?

Just curious. Other than being THRILLED that you are the one with the FANTASTIC rig, has it crossed your mind and wondered if other felt the same way? Has it negatively affected you?
No

Dave
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #84
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksmom View Post
Some decor is just too fancy for me personally. And where we usually stay folks in big and small rigs have been so very nice!
I'm with you! Way too ornate and fancy.

As far as I'm concerned the mirrors belong on the bedroom ceiling not the main salon where all the people can see your acrobatics through the front windshield!

OOPS! Did I say that out loud?