Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Affluenza --- disease from feeling guilty of your success and hiding your assets from friends, family and others while also telling people you don' have money.
This is not a life threatening disease because it can be cured by caring less.
I love it! Great word!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A Newmar Dutch Star DP is getting close to $400,000 now and Newmar doesn't consider them to be a "Luxury" unit. The ones we looked at were $370,000+.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I would be scared to death I would wreck the thing or afraid someone would hit me and mess it up. That's a lot of money to put in a motorhome.

But I think they are beautiful, I look through PPL's inventory all the time, even send hubby pictures now and then. But I'm not really interested in buying one. Like I said before, we might get one more in time, but we shall see.

I probably have one of the oldest motorhomes on here a 1992 Eagle. I doubt anyone is impressed other then wondering if it runs. I am waiting for the mechanic to get a piece in for the generator, won't be in until about July 2nd, they have a rush on it, so maybe sooner. If that's what you want go for it, I understand you can find really epensive ones and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Who cares what anyone thinks.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
My feeling is that in these economic times...it may not be wise to drive around in a mansion on wheels. We drive around in a 2004 Winnebago Brave that we are constantly improving on the inside...where it really matters!
DogsCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
I know that this will seem a bit… Odd. Hopefully no one will take offence by it (wanna bet someone will?)

We have looked at trading up to a 40’ + Class A – full body paint, four slides, nicer than a “New York apartment” and wondered (THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE WHO OWN RIGS IN THE $400,000 RANGE AND UP): Have you ever felt odd, out of place, looked at with a jaundice eye in campgrounds while others parked around you looked/stared in envy? Has this ever bothered or disturbed you – made you feel uncomfortable?

Just curious. Other than being THRILLED that you are the one with the FANTASTIC rig, has it crossed your mind and wondered if other felt the same way? Has it negatively affected you?
No way! As others have said, we worked hard to be able to enjoy the lifestyle we have chosen. Everything is relative. There are plenty of nicer coaches than ours. (BTW it isn't worth 400 any more.)

No, we do not live in there.

6 for cocktails, 4 for dinner, sleeps two.

My lady is very personable and has a striking appearance. I don't feel guilty about that either. Would you?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #62

If you get to feeling "uppity" just think of yourself as mobile trailer trash.
barbaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #63

Doesn't bother me what folks are camping in, it's a matter of what you like and what you can afford. Tents to bus conversions what ever works.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #64
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Do I have a little envy when I walk by a $400k MH, sure I do. But I will still
wave and say "Hi" as I give a little sigh and think to myself, "Wow, wish I
had one of those."
But it's the same little sigh and "Wish I had one of those" that I think when
I walk by a '56 Chevy or Jessica Alba.
But it doesn't mean I'm not happy with what I have, it's just human nature
to want nicer things.
I think that if I never wanted anything nicer than I now have, life would be
a little boring with nothing to look forward to.
And if you think my 13 year old gas MH isn't nice enough to park next
to you, well.........bite me....
I'm with you Sequim Guy.

That's kind of how we got everything we have. We saw, we dreamed of what it would be like, and we made it happen.
If you want something bad enough and think about it enough, you'll find a way.

We still go look at new RV's and I still get subscriptions to all the magazines. It's all part of the dream.

I still reflect though that my RV has a toilet EXACTLY like the $400,000 unit. In fact it has many of the conveniences of a $400,000 unit except it's an older version with not quite as much bling.

We continuously upgrade things to have some nice amenities. Heck, I may have spent as much doing repairs and buying parts LOL.

We used a phrase when we first started out boating..... Our $5000 boat got us to the same part of the lake as the $100,000 cabin cruiser.

We feel pretty much the same about RVing.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #65

And another thing... The $400k owner/buyers are more likely to have everything done for them, including maintenance, which will probably double their cost of owning that $400k rig. Especially if they have the work done at a certain RV Stealership.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #66

As someone who has camped with a little 77 Class C, you do feel "small" when you wake up sandwiched between a couple of Prevosts eclipsing your view of the sun. Still, I appreciate the beauty of all rigs....but I CAN"T stand some of these guys (you know who you are) that have those big Class As that look at the little guys and think "pfft...how cramped you must be in that thing", and who seem really put off if their tiny Class C neighbors strike up a convo about RVing in general...almost as if they're thinking "yeah, like you share any common ground with me and my luxo-bus, what with that 30yr old eye sore and all".

Now, not all guys & gals with large/pricey MHs are like this, I've met some really nice ppl in my travels. Folks that compliment the furnishings of their neighbor's hundred year old travel trailer, but trust me, I'm going to say 3/4s of them are stuck up, much how like 3/4s of those who drive a Bentley think they're just a little bit better (yep, I just threw out the "better than you" line, how cliché).

I currently a 37ft Class A w/slides, and it may not have cost a half a millski, but I have had guys that won't talk about their smaller/older rigs when we're chatting, just because they think mine is so nice, and that theirs isn't worth even mentioning. I tell 'em "they're all just big vans with couches & sinks at the end of the day. Even the most expensive ones".

To those that appreciate RVing in all its forms, congrats! you get it! to all those others that roll their eyes at pop-up trailers....just remember, that person probably OWNS his pop-up trailer free and clear. You probably can't say the same thing about your new 40ft+. But in the end, it really doesn't matter what you own or make payments on, if you love RVings, and you can appreciate that it comes in many different forms, then you get it. Regardless of if it's a 500k 45ft bus, or an old $500 trailer, we all have tanks to empty and wet grass to walk through.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mopar View Post
and who seem really put off if their tiny Class C neighbors strike up a convo about RVing in general.
I'd bet if you started talking technical RV, you'd probably get a deer in the headlight blank stare.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #68

Some decor is just too fancy for me personally. And where we usually stay folks in big and small rigs have been so very nice!
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #69

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The answer to the OP's question would be no! Why should anyone who works hard and has put themself into a position to have some nice toys feel bad!

I believe that each person has a different idea of what expensive is. Expensive is relative to the person defining it and their personal wealth. $400,000 to some folks would be a drop in the bucket and would not buy them, what the believe to be a luxury coach. Some folks it would be expensive and way beyond what they would want or could afford. To some folks, what they believe to be a luxury coach, would cost them $50,000!
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #70

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with 62_inrightlane.

Additionally, this is one of those threads that do nothing but use up bandwidth since there is no acceptable answer. Everybody has opinions; and everybody expresses their point of view. This thread does nothing to promote and can not help the future of RVing. JM2¢...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote