Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #169
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara View Post
Interesting comment above.....
Just wondering why you assume that a $400k MH is a financial drag to the owner?
I buy what I can comfortably afford and enjoy. They might have done the same thing...
Excellent point. I had the same thought when reading that post. So often folks will apply their own personal circumstance and values to others who may well be in an entirely different situation.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #170

Anybody can afford a high $ MH. Just respond to one of those Nigerian emails.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #171

Winnebago Owners Club
I have yet to see one of the $1+million coaches that could stack up to floor plan of my 4 slide Winnebago. Needless to say using either one of them is not exactly my definition of "going camping" That happens when a bunch of Boy Scouts head out with their tents. Generally I have found the expensive ones tend to have more lights, mirrors, and gold plated fixtures than is to my liking.
I happen to live in a home that is a couple of blocks away from the most expensive apraised house in our State. I quite often will use it when giving directions to my house. (most local people know where it is) I generally will refer to the area as the surfdom around the castle! At times some have mistaken my directions as a bit pretentious. When I thought I was being humorus!
Should I happen to park in the RV park next to one of the Million $ plus RV's you can bet that I will use it to give directions to mine next door! They are impressive to look at. Truth is I don't want either one of them! That darn castle has to many rooms to clean and the Prevost is to pretty to be in one of the camping spots offered by our nearby COE parks, that I so enjoy!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #172

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
I know that this will seem a bit… Odd. Hopefully no one will take offence by it (wanna bet someone will?)

We have looked at trading up to a 40’ + Class A – full body paint, four slides, nicer than a “New York apartment” and wondered (THIS IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE WHO OWN RIGS IN THE $400,000 RANGE AND UP): Have you ever felt odd, out of place, looked at with a jaundice eye in campgrounds while others parked around you looked/stared in envy? Has this ever bothered or disturbed you – made you feel uncomfortable?

Just curious. Other than being THRILLED that you are the one with the FANTASTIC rig, has it crossed your mind and wondered if other felt the same way? Has it negatively affected you?
Wow- over 170 posts!

That's a lot of "$400,000.00 and up" rig owners for one forum!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #173

I don't look at people for what they have, but my personal opinion the million dollar coach owners are more private. There is probably a very few that actually payed 400k or up on this forem so I posted anyway.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #174

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Wow- over 170 posts!

That's a lot of "$400,000.00 and up" rig owners for one forum!
On an open forum anybody can post, even those of us that only own $200,000 rigs! (in 2002 dollars)
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #175

Ron Pratt, AZ home build and often seen buying cars at the Barrett-Jackson Auctions, has what I call a Scenicruiser and a half that he used to bring to the dunes west of Yuma. His family living quarters were the Scenicruiser and his toy hauler was a front steer half of a Scenicruiser with matching paint colors and stripes.

When pulling in, I accidentally ran over one of his plastic chairs. When I went to pay for the chair, he declined my offer. Ron was one of the nicest guy you could ever meet. From what I hear, he gave his kids and their friends something like 10 matching V8 powered sand rails.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #176

I wanna be friends with that guy!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #177

Why?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #178

Heartland RV Club
From what I hear, he gave his kids and their friends something like 10 matching V8 powered sand rails.

Free stuff?
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #179

So I can set up an obstacle course using his chairs and not have to worry about running them over.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #180

Wayne, it was just campfire talk that he did that.

kat, Haven't seen Ron at the dunes lately. I think he camps at a different location now. He bought Duner's diner by the Gordon's well campsite and the land just across the bridge from Buttercup.

The chair exploded when I ran over it with my Dodge 2500 truck.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #181
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Sequim Guy.....You posted two very good posts. I agree 100%, but would have chosen Sofia Vergara!

I would guess that a good majority of people on this forum started out with some pretty basic camping gear...tent, PUP, trailer, fifth wheel and towed them with the family station wagon all the up to a crew cab duallie diesel. The motor home folks probably similar in purchases from Class C, Class A and maybe a DP. We hopefully all buy what we can afford and in our case we stepped up as our desired comfort level increased along with our abillity to buy. We started with a pick up and camper shell, then a pick up w/slide in camper, Class C, CLass A gas and then the DP over 37 years of camping.

When I see someone camping in a CLass C, I remember when we did it and I'm glad to be in my DP. The guy in the CLass C is parked next to the tent trailer and remembers when he was in a tent trailer and is glad he now has the Class C, and so and so and so. It's all relative to what you can afford, what you feel is comfortable for you and to a certain degree what type of camping you want to do. I would like a new Monaco Dynasty, but it's out of my price range and I'm content with what we have.

I don't begrudge people with nicer coaches than mine and I don't look down on people with RV's that cost less. It comes full circle. Our children our now moving from tent trailers and tents into their first travel trailers.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #182

I guess people are envious of my Corvette, especially at car shows. At the CG when I see someone eyeballing it I enjoy showing it and they appreciate it, same as at the car shows. Everyone is a person and should be treated as such. We're all different and need to be accepted as we are. In Judaism, we are to treat those who serve us as equals and show them the utmost respect to make up for the job they do for us.