Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #43

Took out the booth and put in table, use it all the time.
Bob/Sue
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #44

for those that added/have a table and chairs. is it fastened down or is it loose??
Old 02-05-2018, 04:43 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a Dream Dinette, right across from the galley...use it everyday and could not see removal.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior-of-TMC_Outlaw37LS.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	191318

Just wish there was a quality made add-on extension that could make the table seat 2 more diners...there's plenty of room with the slide out.
I know what would work and not impact the Dream Dinette function as a sleeping area, but quality woodworking is a skill that was lost in this family

Until then...Going to copy the "bistro table" idea:

Name:	2017-Outlaw-Class-A-37BG-Paradise-City-Pacific-Cherry-stow-away-coffee-table.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	191291
Love the idea of morning coffee with a view.

Obviously, only for a mid-door motorhome.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Our RV came with a table & chairs. The table is attached to a side counter/cabinet and the table top can slide out to provide enough space to have 4 chairs, that is when the side out is out. The other 2 chairs fold up and can be stored else where. The table has no legs, under the table is a metal slide mechanism that keeps it fairly solid when extended. We like this over the booth style as, to us, allows the space to be more flexible, that is, pushing the table top in and folding up and removing 2 chairs provides more space in that area. We also like the storage space in the cabinet with its 2 drawers and 3 cabinet doors. This is the only picture I could find right now. This is probably very similar to most RV's with this type of set up. The slide-out is in in this picture.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #47

Use for games and a place to eat if it rains
JeanneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #48

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, use the table quite often even though I have a built in desk too.
Table pulls out and two add'l chairs are in the closet.
Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6999 (11).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	191317  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #49

We use the table all the time. Dine at it when it's just the two of us. When we have company, that's where the meal gets set out, buffet style. The we sit where we like for eating.

Additionally, happy wife, happy life!

Thirdly, (shameless plug) are you getting rid of the recliners?!? Where are you located? We're going to be removing our jack knife sofa and replacing it with two recliners, so we are in the market! PM me . . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #50

I removed a two seat theater couch and installed a table and chairs. Dinner is dinner. No TV and dinner conversation. And nice food. Seems simple.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:43 AM   #51

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Table gone. Our setup was like the photo in post number 46. We have gone from weekends to more full-time traveling. As soon as we started traveling for months at a time, the DW said she needed a sewing table to be able to do her quilting. So I paid the local RV dealer (they have a great wood guy) to take the table out, but keep it in such a condition he could replace it when we sell the coach. He did a great job, and the table is stored in the garage, and my DW has a very nice (expensive) sewing table in the same location. We do not have children and eat our meals in our laps.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #52

I could care less about a table. Mostly outside anyway. Liked my floor plan because it only has a pull out table and does not waste room inside with a booth or table.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #53

My Table holds all the.....stuff (receipts, books, clothes, groceries, breakfast cereal bowl, online classes, downturned bed for visitors, under storage for dog food container and bowls, potato bag and large drinks bound for the fridge and etc... and wish I could find a link to a table map and also how the Powers keep the TV and computers locked down while traveling and yes Quincy even I understood that was obviously a joke...
attackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #54

Thanks for all the great input. We have done some measuring and decided the table and chairs is staying. we are going to build the bunks in the slide out where the jack knife sofa is. it will perfectly fit a standard twin mattress. and where the recliners used to be (on the passenger side) I can fit a 4 seat residential sofa. Again thanks for all the input. I will post pix and a video when it is all done.