Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #71

I am not sure what you are looking at. You click on a Stop and the pop up has a Red-X, click on that and it deletes the Stop. If the Stops is in the middle of the Route, then you can also move the froward or back, set the Stop as a Waypoint, or add to Favorites.

Maybe the fact that there isn't a Delete Button on the User Interface maybe has something to do with it.

Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #72

Hi Dale, it can be a delet button, an X or whatever. But you click on it and go back later and it's still there! Why not be able to go to the address folder, click the address and then something meaning delete comes forwards, you click it, a dialog comes up saying "you sure you want to delete this"? And you click YES. Can't we all agree at that point it should go away?

Not click on the pink to make a green turn around twice and click your heels then oops... It's still there anyway!

Old 09-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #73

I just added a Address Stop, added it as a Favorite, added the Favorite to the Route, and then deleted the Address Stop.

I am not sure what your are referring to as "the address folder", as there is none. Are you referring to the Route?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #74

Address or My Places, either one. I'm not able to delete from either one! Dale you act as though it's so easy and it is not at all intuitive!
Old 09-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi Dale, it can be a delet button, an X or whatever. But you click on it and go back later and it's still there! Why not be able to go to the address folder, click the address and then something meaning delete comes forwards, you click it, a dialog comes up saying "you sure you want to delete this"? And you click YES. Can't we all agree at that point it should go away?

Not click on the pink to make a green turn around twice and click your heels then oops... It's still there anyway!
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but it sounds like you are trying to delete a saved location from from your My Places. All you have to do is select the Edit button in the upper right, click the red X next to the location you want to delete and select Yes from the warning pop up box. Then select the back arrow in the upper left to exit edit mode.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #76

Hi Bob, I can delet from My Places. What I can't do is delete from Address. It gives me the X to delete but the address is still there!
Old 09-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #77

One other thing I'm not clear on and that's marking a stop. With my old Garmin if I'm driving to an address in California from Georgia. I pull off for the night and the Garmin recalculate's in the morning and I'm on my way.

Why with CoPiolet do I need to mark that stop?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:53 PM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi Bob, I can delet from My Places. What I can't do is delete from Address. It gives me the X to delete but the address is still there!
Okay just to be clear, are you selecting Address (right above My Places), and then it asks you to enter the city or zip code, etc. Once you enter all the info it takes you to the Plan or Edit Trip screen. Information on that stop, or any stop you select from the route list, should pop up in the center of the map. If you want to completely remove all information about a stop, click on More Info -> Delete.

Are we getting closer?
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #79

If you are talking about the list that appears under the Address Search box, those are previous searches and are there as a aid if you are looking for places. They will go away on their own. If they are bothering you then I am sorry. It is a helpful feature.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:06 PM   #80

I have the RV version of Co-Pilot . I have the Rv setting turned on & im really surprised at some of the routes it thinks I should take .
Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I have the RV version of Co-Pilot . I have the Rv setting turned on & im really surprised at some of the routes it thinks I should take .
Funny, I have the premium version of the base program, and have that set to RV. I have never ever had a routing problem so far. I have a TomTom running in parallel, and the TomTom tries to lure me once in a while into some real critical roads.
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:15 AM   #82

Ohhhh, you can't delete the addresses under "Address"? That's kind of strange but ok. If that's how it is I'm glad to know it. But why you have to keep addresses you don't want is well, just weird!

Another thing I found is you can change the name from the street address CoPilot automatically assigns. And you change it to let's say Bob's House. What happens then is you lose the street address to Bob's house! And this is from something you saved under My Places! It's one of the most unintuitive programs I've used in awhile!

They have a programmer who writes this code thinking "boy I'll really screw them up with this one"!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
Funny, I have the premium version of the base program, and have that set to RV. I have never ever had a routing problem so far. I have a TomTom running in parallel, and the TomTom tries to lure me once in a while into some real critical roads.

That's what I have as well and have found you really need to zoom in and step through the entire route prior to departure. This saves surprises when traveling as even this version has tried to send me to some strange roads that I now catch pre-trip and correct with a waypoint.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #84

Again the remembered list of addresses search is a user feature, I used it a lot. Those addresses will go away after a while. It is not a forever list.

In the Route lists, the address is still there under the name you assigned. Only the name will be on the Map.

I won't say CoPilot has the greatest User Interface. The 2003 PC version was very good. Things went messy when it was decided to accommodate the Android/Apple world with a common core code set. You loose a lot of user flexibility when you eliminate the keyboard.

My main concern with a piece of software is whether it does the job and in CoPilot's case, it does a very good job of getting there without running into a low bridge or one that is not strong enough for my RV. User interface is secondary.

Maybe if you were a programmer, you would appreciate that any User Interface is compromise, starting with the fingers on the keyboard. I have written software that I spent extensive time testing and was so sure that is was so simple to understand until the first person tried the application and had a totally different understanding of a word used in the directions. In my earliest programming days, a very simple program I wrote asked for the length of a boom. The teacher entered "zero" which blew my program up.

I have gone through 4 major changes in CoPilot User Interface is 14 years. Each time was a frustration but it was nothing to gripe about. CoPilot does the job I wanted and I just had to deal with it. After a short while, you forget what the old interface was like.