Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #15

Thanks RV Snapp for participating in our conversation. It's very helpful to have comments from the manufacturer. Thanks for you input and enjoy your Sunday as well!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #16

No I have wood blocks with me and use them when needed. Lot less cost. Also have pole with hook end to help remove and position them.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #17

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Thanks RV Snapp for participating in our conversation. It's very helpful to have comments from the manufacturer. Thanks for you input and enjoy your Sunday as well!
You bet! That's what we're here for.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #18

hmmmm, the main reason I use wooden blocks is to increase surface area of the pad so the ground becomes more stable... not much of an increase in surface area with this product, so I dont really see the point in this product?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #19

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
hmmmm, the main reason I use wooden blocks is to increase surface area of the pad so the ground becomes more stable... not much of an increase in surface area with this product, so I dont really see the point in this product?
We agree! Bigger would have been better. However from our initial testing we found for weight and clearance considerations this was this optimal size.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but SnapPads actually add an additional 61% of surface area to each jack. Times that by 4 or 6 jacks, it definitely adds up. We have yet to have any reports of jacks with SnapPads sinking into soft ground.
Finally, the rubber material acts as a vibration dampener so you get a solid yet soft feel inside your rig.

We realize they may not be for everyone but for those who don't want to mess with storing and placing pads every time you set up.

Thanks for the question! Have a great day!
Old 08-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV SnapPad View Post
We agree! Bigger would have been better. However from our initial testing we found for weight and clearance considerations this was this optimal size.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but SnapPads actually add an additional 61% of surface area to each jack. Times that by 4 or 6 jacks, it definitely adds up. We have yet to have any reports of jacks with SnapPads sinking into soft ground.
Finally, the rubber material acts as a vibration dampener so you get a solid yet soft feel inside your rig.

We realize they may not be for everyone but for those who don't want to mess with storing and placing pads every time you set up.

Thanks for the question! Have a great day!
Now that I've looked closer... I kinda do see the 61% increase in surface area. Thanks for the explanation....
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:15 AM   #21

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Now that I've looked closer... I kinda do see the 61% increase in surface area. Thanks for the explanation....
Thats what we're here for.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #22

I believe this only works on it none to fit MH jacks that I know of. Look at your foot if the pad will work I would grab 4 to go on mine
Old 08-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #23

I use laminated wood blocks... Drilled a hole in one side so I can use my awning hook tool thing to place and retrieve them.

🚌🚍🚌
1998 Thor Windsport 33SL on 1997 F53 chassis.
2007 Chevy Uplander TOAD.
1985 Yamaha Virago XV700

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:32 PM   #24

I own both a DP MH and a 5er. I have them on the 5er and like them. The material is very similar to the hoss pads I own for the MH so I am hoping they will be quite durable. Installation was quite easy, just used a soapy water spray and did it with a friend in about 15 minutes (6 pads) . When parking on a level site I don't have to crawl under the rig to put pads down, nor do I have to retrieve and store wet, or dirty pads. Living in the Pacific NW where it rains a lot that is reason enough to get them. We have stayed at some parks that have a mandatory pad use rule so I don't need to get under there for that either. They add a little over an inch so not "in the way" and they do not preclude using blocks if you need them to level. They do not yet have an application for the HWH curved foot leveling system in my MH but I am happy enough with the ones I have that I have asked to be notified when they are available.

Tags
jacks