Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #1

Do you use covers on your coach jacks?

Somewhere I saw a product that snapped onto the leveling jacks giving it more surface. It was made of old tires I believe but I can't find the thread. I thought I bookmarked it but apparently not! Can you tell me where to find the website?

Do you use them? I know there are products like Hosspad, but with Hosspad you have to put them under the coach with each use. That could be a real bummer with raining/muddy conditions. Far better if you could actually attached something and leave it on the jacks.

I've read how the jacks can tear up blacktop etc. And like you, the last thing I'd want is to cause damage to their driveway! If any of you have used them for awhile, do they hold up well?

Thanks guys
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you mean these?

RV SnapPad | Worlds Only Permanent Jack Pads
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:48 AM   #3

Thats it Puttin and thanks. Have you ever used them or know anyone who has?
Old 08-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Thats it Puttin and thanks. Have you ever used them or know anyone who has?
You just missed a special IRV2 group order for them that has been on the Forum for about a week. Everybody got 15% off if they requested in the group buy. I believe you hae a Bounder like me so you have a Power gear jacks and they do not make them to fit those yet, but will have the power gears sets out in early winter this year. You could contact them from the web site or see if another group buy will take place when they release the power gear set. I pre-ordered a set for my bounder.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #5

Hi Dennis, I don't have a Motorhome yet. I'm just getting my ducks in order.

So far I've not seen a post from anyone who uses them. I'd like to know how well they work, how long they last and if they stay on. Do mud and muck cause them to come off for example?

They look like a great idea. But then again, so did the Edsle!
Old 08-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Dennis, I don't have a Motorhome yet. I'm just getting my ducks in order.

So far I've not seen a post from anyone who uses them. I'd like to know how well they work, how long they last and if they stay on. Do mud and muck cause them to come off for example?

They look like a great idea. But then again, so did the Edsle!
I have seen good reviews on them, I suspect they are not perfect as most things but are specifically designed for the LCI Lippet jacks and have not seen anything about them falling off. I am sure if you buried your jacks far enough in mud they could pull loose, but at that point getting the pads out and back on are probably the least of your worries. I have both the rubber jack pads and the Lego looking ones. I use both every time I set up my coach no matter what the surface is. I look forward to getting the snap-Pad's and will still use my others when necessary.
-
Good Luck on your coach search
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #7

Hi Wyo,

As a matter of interest you may want to check out some of our Amazon reviews. Click here

We've also had a couple customers make some videos of their experience and installing them.

Motorhome
5th Wheel

Feel free to contact us should you have any questions.

Happy Camping!
RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

I use jack pads whenever I am not on concrete. They give the jacks a larger surface. I use the OFL yellow jack pads. They have a great bag for storage and nice handles for putting them in place and removing them. I got the largest size and they have been working great for me for 4 years.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #9

Thanks for the information and the links. I didn't know about the "OFL yellow jack pads". Something like OFL yellow and/or Hosspads look like a good idea with the amount of surface area they cover. Maybe one of them and the RV Snap-pad would cover all basis.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #10

I am to cheap for that, I use ply wood blocks under the jacks, and if need be can move them to where needed on un level lot. Got mine from remodel on house, use old awning rod to place and pull back out.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #11

I like this idea and would love to simply level when we arrive rather than placing blocks each time. Will add to winter buy list.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #12

I do too Vett, I very much like the idea of attaching something to my jacks and forget it. My only question is can it cause any harm to the jacks? It seems like the water runs out well and they would dry by the air from the coach in motion.

I guess the question is, with mud and/or salt, would it cause rust and corrosion to the jacks? More so than not having them?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:54 AM   #13

I am thinking I might clean up the pad and paint them real good. POR-15 might be too thick to lock into the pad. Other option would be to remove and powder coat but that would be a pain and a lot of work.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #14

Quote:
I do too Vett, I very much like the idea of attaching something to my jacks and forget it. My only question is can it cause any harm to the jacks? It seems like the water runs out well and they would dry by the air from the coach in motion.

I guess the question is, with mud and/or salt, would it cause rust and corrosion to the jacks? More so than not having them?
Good questions!

We tested SnapPad thoroughly prior to releasing them to the market to make sure they would;t cause any harm to your jacks. Customers have been using them for over a year now with no mention of any issues.

They definitely dry faster once the coach is in motion. That's actually part of the reason why our first version didn't have any drainage channels.

Finally, SnapPads will actually help your jacks last longer as they will protect the OEM protective coating from scratches and scrapes caused by gravel and general use. The jack feet come with a small lip and tend to collect a small amount of mud, salt and debris without the pads.

We have had some customers who went the extra mile to protect their jack by covering them with Flex-Seal prior to installing their pads. You can find instructions here on our Facebook page. I must say it does give it a really nice finished look.

Thanks for the great questions. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks