Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #43

crank mine up every time outside to watch the cowboy game or some other game.... I do it because i can...
Taterpeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
We don't have an exterior tv and don't want one. But Dh loves to cook outdoors, and since we don't have the exterior kitchen, he rigged up a gas grill to hook onto the side of the coach. He loves it. We have family members who bought a new TT with outside kitchen, never, ever use it except for the fridge.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #45

I would use the outside tv if I had one. I have a coax stub in a slideout but don't use an off air antenna. I have direct tv inside but not to the slide bay.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:18 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
I eel the same about the outside entertainment center as I do about a bath and a half. What a waste!
So I'm thinking you don't want a tv in your half bath.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:57 AM   #47

We use both our 1/2 bath and the exterior TV. Love both.....takes all kinds!
Happy Trails to you.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:21 AM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Use the outside TV all the time.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #49

We never used the outdoor entertainment center that was installed on our MH. I removed the TV and stereo system and converted the bay into storage with a small AM/FM bluetooth dash unit in the corner.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:04 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Many give specific situations of how they camp and that the TV doesn't fit in, but there are many ways to camp.

Ours came with the TV and stereo. I couldn't honestly say if I would have ordered it this way before having one, but I think it would definitely be included if we did order a coach. It's like a lot of other things. It's not a must, but nice to have.

USE....We have two daughters that both have RV's, consequently we go camping with them several times a year. We have four young grandkids and it's often nice to put on a movie for them. I know many talk about being around a campfire, rather than a TV, but we live in California and it's often too hot for a fire.....so the kids watch the TV.

On a couple of occasions, we've been out when there was something big on TV, like the Rose Parade. Our coach has DirecTv, but we find that many of our friends don't have or use satellite TV, so they come over to our place to watch.

Lastly, people hear the word television and immediately decide that it's offending the neighbors. That's just idiotic. First, it's no louder than people talking around a campfire and it doesn't emit smoke. Second, not every campsite has one RV on top of the other and third, we're often next to someone we know. My TV is no louder than people talking in the next site.

Some people don't watch television while camping, many don't have the option so they poo poo the idea, while others may enjoy an outside TV. Everyone is different, so you need to evaluate your needs as to having an outside TV. Ours also has a stereo which is nice for background music.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:31 AM   #51

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
I eel the same about the outside entertainment center as I do about a bath and a half. What a waste!
We have both and wouldn't be without either one. Same goes for the washer and dryer.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:34 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Hell yes we use it all the time. Games, movies, whatever. As fulltimers, this is our home and outdoor entertainment is a big deal for us. It was a big deal in our former s&b and it's a big deal with our current home. We aren't camping, we are living. So while I don't build campfires, I will fire up the grill, put on the game or a movie, and enjoy the great outdoors. I've found it's a great way to meet the neighbors, no bad experiences yet.

Mom seems to like it.

marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #53

I go to a lot of music fests. So it's kind of unusual to Not use it. But at a regular campground, I stick to TV or low music outside.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:48 AM   #54

I had always wanted to put a TV on our deck, but it for several reasons, never did it. Having out outisde TV on our RV became a must have. As a football and auto racing fan, I use it as often as possible to watch those events.

Very cognizant about volume.

Glare management was a bit of trial and error, but I've got it under control now. I've also covered the bottom of the TV door with a flat black material. Depending on the sun angle and background, often times just the flap for the zip on screen is enough. The solid black panel can be used with or without the full screen as necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	148135  
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #55

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfix View Post
We have both and wouldn't be without either one. Same goes for the washer and dryer.
To each, his own. During daylight I read or work outside; at night, I watch TV or DVD inside. Due to macular degeneration, I need natural light to read.
To me, a 1/2 bath is like t,ts on a boar. I do not see a need or 2 people to have 2 baths.
As far as the washer dryer, we have one. When we bought the MH, I told my wife we should take it out as I did not believe it would ever be used. During our first season she used it during the infrequent times we had FHU. Thus she would not let me take it out.
Now in our 4th season, the heater an is out. Unless I can find a replacement, it is coming out.
I found what I believed to be a replacement on eBay. Seller had it listed as fitting my model. It doesn't - $89 wasted. An one have a WD sitting around they want to part - out?
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We use our outdoor entertainment center quite a bit. I enjoy watching the news while cooking us a meal. We are always courteous of our neighbors and don't play the music or TV volume loud.

We attend several NASCAR races each year and it's great to watch pre race programing on TV.

On several occasions neighbors have come over and introduced themselves and ask if they could watch some of the programming, nice to meet people this way.

Many (on the forum) appear to dislike the entertainment outdoor centers but we would not be without. To date I have never experienced a neighbor who has been inconsiderate with their outdoor units.

To each his own I guess.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door