Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #15

On a different Rv discussion forum there is a long thread from folks telling about their displeasure with Coach-Net, just like here with Good Sam.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #16

Coach net isn't going to send their tow truck to help you. They all use the same independent network of providers.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake

Old 01-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #17

roadside assistance

Good sam is much better than AAA and right now here in texas good sam is on sale for 69.95. When you add your RV to AAA is goes up considerably. According to camper world AAA is rated 5th best and good sam 2nd. Maybe that was a sales pitch but i would listen to the folks on the forum that have used both.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
If my wife is remembering her recent inquiry with AAA correctly they told her they stop providing RV towing after 35'

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #19
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Don't go to a steakhouse and order fish. It may be ok but it's not what they do. An extensive search of the forums will show that Coach Net is the gold standard and Good Sam is next.
That pretty much sums it up! Well put, Steve - I like that analogy.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #20

We were AAA members for years, the few times we needed them, they were great , but now we have Goid Sam for good reason
Old 01-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I've been towed 3 times with AAA. The first time was a 31' Class C, the next 2 times for my Monaco Windsor, it is a 38PKD but is almost 40' long.

The first 2 tows went pretty smooth.

The last one was last Memorial Day Weekend and AAA had trouble finding a truck. They did find one tow service to come and look at my predicament (I was stuck in the back of a Cracker Barrel) the guy said he'd be back with a truck but dumped me. AAA stayed in communication with but it did take +8 hours to get me towed. The guy that came was very good, knew every bump in the road as he'd tell me as we were coming up on them.

AAA has a 100 mile towing distance, the rest you'd have to pick up. In 2017 I'm headed to Alaska and will probably go with Coach Net as they provide tow to the nearest qualified shop, which means a lot on that trip.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Just go right to Coachnet, When needed, Goodsam has to call another company to do the work and get answers..........Goodsam is just a "Middle Man" between you and the needed help. Coachnet "Is the company" that is going to help you when needed, no middle man.............
Read this thread Opening A Can Of Worms (About Roadside Assistance) , pay attention to post#28
This is what made me go to Coachnet, along they are the only one that will cover our enclosed trailer, Goodsam does not cover them anymore.......
This is who GS calls "Transit Pros" Transit Pros
Here is your #28 post that you made

I just got off the phone with Transit Pros, GS uses them as their roadside dispatch company just as Rooster stated, and works through your insurance company. GS does not have/own this type of service, they contract it out. Coachnet is Transit Pros competitor, as Coachnet operates/owns their service they offer.
Interesting to learn if this this morning.............a BIG thanks to you Rooster!
So,....when you need help, GS has to call Transit Pros......and 3 people are involved, with Coachnet, it is just you and them! I can see at times where a 3rd person involvement might make for a problem........... or misinformation getting passed on?

Talk about misinformation getting passed on. Coachnet is the same a third party they don't own a single tow truck. You call them they ask were you are and if your in a safe location then they start calling around to get you a tow.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
...Yes, it does! But, sadly they think they can tow a MH just like a car...
Agree, you need a company that is familiar with towing a MH...Good Sam or Coachnet.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
Coach-Net.

Used to have Good Sam.

I have used both of them in the past 14 years.

Also have mh insurance policy with road service benefit.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #25

If you compare the same level of service from coachnet and good sam, they are practically identical, and use the same 3rd party providers list.
Both have their followers, both have a few poor operators, both have difficulty providing prompt service at times when they experience a rush of calls for service.

To say one is better than the other is arbitrary. To say either one is better than AAA nationwide, is a fact.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #26

I had AAA had to call them once, took a while but they came and towed the motorhome 90 miles to my home no charge. Changed to Good Sam. Had a problem 2 miles from my home. Called to get it towed home. They said all they would do is call a tech who would come out and I would have to pay him whatever he charged. Then if he could not fix it they would have it towed 30 miles to a repair shop and then I would have to pay whatever it cost but they would not just have it towed the 2 miles to my house.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
The last time AAA towed me and I had some problems I called my SIL. She had worked for AAA and suggested I call them back and immediately ask for a supervisor, which I did. That got the ball rolling and the supervisor stayed in constant communication with me providing updates.

My SIL also said that AAA, Goodsam, and Coachnet all use the same tow trucks and drivers, they work off of a list that has them by area. None of them have their own drivers, they just contract the work.

One problem is that AAA (I assume the others are the same way) will request a tow and will reimburse the tow companies within a period of time. The first tow driver that didn't come and tow me called AAA back and demanded a wire transfer before he started, that's why it took so long as this guy was trying to hold AAA ransom on a Holiday Weekend.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Here is your #28 post that you made

I just got off the phone with Transit Pros, GS uses them as their roadside dispatch company just as Rooster stated, and works through your insurance company. GS does not have/own this type of service, they contract it out. Coachnet is Transit Pros competitor, as Coachnet operates/owns their service they offer.
Interesting to learn if this this morning.............a BIG thanks to you Rooster!
So,....when you need help, GS has to call Transit Pros......and 3 people are involved, with Coachnet, it is just you and them! I can see at times where a 3rd person involvement might make for a problem........... or misinformation getting passed on?

Talk about misinformation getting passed on. Coachnet is the same a third party they don't own a single tow truck. You call them they ask were you are and if your in a safe location then they start calling around to get you a tow.
You need to take a breath, settle down, and re-read my post........
No where in my post did I say Coachnet owned a tow truck Mike
Look at what is highlighted above, I assume that is what you are refering to?? When you call Coachnet, they make the call for help......
When you call GS, they have to call and re-explain your troubles to Transit Pros, then GS calls you back. There is not a 3rd party involved when using Coachnet as there is when using GS is what I stated..........
Per the gentleman I talked to at Trnasit Pros, "We are Coachnets competitor" Goodsam is the middleman...............and not Coachnets competitor!
I make a call to Coachnet, they dispatch
You make a call to Goodsam, they call Transit Pros, they dispatch
Maybe the misinformation you got out of my post is how you interpreted it

Tags
rvs