Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #15

Looking for source of temperature control. Switch for aqua hot boiler
mkmarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for all the replies! So it sounds like the units you have all mentioned do truly leave the coach spotless! This is very encouraging. I'll start doing some more research!
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Scott, I'm glad Mike and Cha found the answer. I knew I wasn't crazy. I looked at my manual and no mention of the 15psi. However, I know when I bought it that there was something that said restrict output to 15psi, the reason I stuck the valve on there. If you think about it, running a lot of flow through the thing would certainly shorten the resin life. I got about 10-12 washes out of the original tanks. I wash a side, rinse with regular water and then rinse with the deionizer to conserve the resin.

Just wasn't in the mood today, but had to wash the coach for the upcoming weekend. My coach NEVER leaves the house dirty. I used the deionizer today. I have a lot of black and it works well. I usually walk around with a towel and clean up areas where the water continues to drain for awhile.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Scott, I'm glad Mike and Cha found the answer. I knew I wasn't crazy. I looked at my manual and no mention of the 15psi. However, I know when I bought it that there was something that said restrict output to 15psi, the reason I stuck the valve on there. If you think about it, running a lot of flow through the thing would certainly shorten the resin life. I got about 10-12 washes out of the original tanks. I wash a side, rinse with regular water and then rinse with the deionizer to conserve the resin.

Just wasn't in the mood today, but had to wash the coach for the upcoming weekend. My coach NEVER leaves the house dirty. I used the deionizer today. I have a lot of black and it works well. I usually walk around with a towel and clean up areas where the water continues to drain for awhile.

Hey Don,
Thanks for getting back to me on this. Yep, I do realize that the more the flow, the harder it is for the resin to do it's conversion. It's why I only use the flat spay on their gun. I did it with a pressure washer one time, a small one about 1.2 Gpm and, it was just too much of a pain in the a$$. I've also done the "2 hose thing" with wet the coach down with non DI and wash it, rinse it with non Di then, again with DI. Even that is a bit of a pain 'cause, to me, it seems you overlap more than needed just to make sure you've not left any non DI on the coach. Oh well, I might go through a bit more resin than most but, it's worth it, not to have to hand dry this big beast.
And by the way, I'd like to know what state, county, city, water district, etc. has the HARDEST water in the U.S.??? I know that Lake Havasu is like flowing bricks.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
Thanks for all the replies! So it sounds like the units you have all mentioned do truly leave the coach spotless! This is very encouraging. I'll start doing some more research!
I used the instructions from Chuck on the Entegra forum to build this today. I have been using a wand with DI beads on my car for a while and have been very pleased with the results so I stepped up to this method for future RV and auto washing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8921.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	571.2 KB
ID:	162937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8922.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	162938  

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote