Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #211

This thing has indoor plumbing???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 AM   #212

Water tank

WE have traveled over 10000 miles per year with our travel trailer a lot of dry camps, have always used our on board water tank with no problems put 150000 on our trailer in 10 years no problems with water, have now gone to M/H will use onboard tanks.Ken

Old 02-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #213

Quote:
Firebug5
We used to sleep in our moho, but now we worry about the water tank leaking and we could drown, so we just use the moho to carry the tent we sleep in outside. And did you say cook in the RV?? Are you crazy?? Have you felt how hot the flames get on the stove?????
Bruce
Quote:
road dogs
We drink whatever's available, if there's a hookup we use it, if not it's water from the tank. Dogs, however, get double filtered UV treated RO water from glass lined storage carboys.....
You guys made me smile this morning.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
This thread has gone on for more than 200 posts now. A similar question, "Does anyone actually sleep in their RV?" How about, "Does anyone actually cook in their RV?" Burning minds want to know!
You are exactly right. I for one never go more than 25 miles from home, that way I can cover the trailer before going back home to sleep. Don't you know that most mattresses in RV's are horrible. I don't want to take a chance on a night of unrest. Cooking is out of the question, do you really want to clean up the back splash from cooking bacon when you can do it at home, only 25 miles away. Of course the real deal breaker is that if you use the bathroom and have to empty the black tank then won't your neighbors know for sure that you used your own bathroom? I prefer to stop at a gas station on the way home or just grin and bare it until I'm in the safety of my own home. As far as drinking from the fresh water tank I'm sure most would agree with me that if you use it once then you have that very difficult task of sanitizing the tank once or twice a year. That is out of the question. Maybe I'll delegate that task to my servant who usually does those types of tasks.
My question is should we really be towing our travel trailers or driving our motor homes when every mile that passes brings us closer to having to grease our wheel bearings?
I'll have to contemplate all this over a drink at home before I go back to my TT. It sure is clean tho!
Old 02-26-2015, 06:42 AM   #215

we have friends that wont use their refer in their 5th wheel because they are afraid of a gas leak ; they use coolers and buy ice.:h orse3::hor se3::horse 3: :h orse3::hor se3:
Old 02-26-2015, 08:02 AM   #216

We fill ours up with fresh Rocky Mountain water (2/3 or so) before we leave. Then we know we will have good water anyplace we go. We've had some pretty bad tasting water at hookups. So yes, we drink, clean and cook with it.

Jeff
Old 02-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #217

Quote:
This thread has gone on for more than 200 posts now. A similar question, "Does anyone actually sleep in their RV?" How about, "Does anyone actually cook in their RV?" Burning minds want to know!
Interesting thread. Does anyone sleep, cook or use the water in their MH. Why would you not? Aren't these some of the reasons we bought one? Saying good by to tent camping or roughing it.

Yes we drink the water, yes we sleep in it even when at the s/b, and yes we cook in it. I recently made lasagna, baked cookies and a double layer cake, roasted chicken in apple sauce and much more. Being a chef I find it hard not to cook and bake anywhere we are.
usplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #218

Ford Super Duty Owner
So you wouldn't drink water from a plastic water tank, but you will drink from a plastic bottle. I would think you would leach more chemicals from a freshly made bottle, than from an aged water tank.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #219
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
You are exactly right. I for one never go more than 25 miles from home, that way I can cover the trailer before going back home to sleep. Don't you know that most mattresses in RV's are horrible. I don't want to take a chance on a night of unrest. Cooking is out of the question, do you really want to clean up the back splash from cooking bacon when you can do it at home, only 25 miles away. Of course the real deal breaker is that if you use the bathroom and have to empty the black tank then won't your neighbors know for sure that you used your own bathroom? I prefer to stop at a gas station on the way home or just grin and bare it until I'm in the safety of my own home. As far as drinking from the fresh water tank I'm sure most would agree with me that if you use it once then you have that very difficult task of sanitizing the tank once or twice a year. That is out of the question. Maybe I'll delegate that task to my servant who usually does those types of tasks.
My question is should we really be towing our travel trailers or driving our motor homes when every mile that passes brings us closer to having to grease our wheel bearings?
I'll have to contemplate all this over a drink at home before I go back to my TT. It sure is clean tho!
I even let my dogs into my MH
Old 02-27-2015, 06:37 PM   #220

Newmar Owners Club
Post of the year!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #221

With a full RO system!...Absolutely!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #222

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
I even let my dogs into my MH
Hmmmmm, do they drink water from the tank??

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:16 PM   #223

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
Hmmmmm, do they drink water from the tank??

Bruce
No, most dogs drink from the toilet.....and they're pretty healthy!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:08 AM   #224

Quote:
No, most dogs drink from the toilet.....and they're pretty healthy!
Yea, but doesn't that water come from the on-board water tank? Besides, if I'm following your logic, the next time you are sick you are going to drink your water out of the ........ I just can't say it, I just can't.

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water