Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2015, 07:58 AM   #225

I drink from my tank, but I fill it with bottled water. It takes forever to pour them in.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #226

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

This thread has gone on for more than 200 posts now. A similar question, "Does anyone actually sleep in their RV?" How about, "Does anyone actually cook in their RV?" Burning minds want to know!

As I drive around the country and see the hundreds of thousands of RV's sitting in these HUGE storage facilities my question would be:

Does anyone actually USE their RV?

I know that people do and I for one use mine Full-Time but it simply amazes me of the number of RV's that are sitting in these storage facilities baking in the hot sun.

What a waste!

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Old 02-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

As I drive around the country and see the hundreds of thousands of RV's sitting in these HUGE storage facilities my question would be:

Does anyone actually USE their RV?

I know that people do and I for one use mine Full-Time but it simply amazes me of the number of RV's that are sitting in these storage facilities baking in the hot sun.

What a waste!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
And how many of them have stagnant water sitting in the tanks?....Yukk

Bottled water around here is $2 for a case of 24........I drink that, use the tank water/hookup water for everything else.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #228

It might just be me, but I don't even drink water from our S&B spigot. Even if bottled water is from the same place, I still drink only bottled water.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I drink from my tank, but I fill it with bottled water. It takes forever to pour them in.
I actually did that for a few months during my assignment just after Hurricane Katrina. All we had available was bottled water so I made a scaffold to get me high enough to pour them into the gravity fill spout and made a multi-bottle fill funnel where we could place 5 bottles at a time to drain. Then we found a supply of 5 gallon water bottles and that made the process sooooo much easier!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #230

Fleetwood Owners Club
You guys need to watch more TV! On the show Moonshiner's Ol Tickle solved any problem any of you might have with bad tasting water. He filled the tank with moonshine and simply filled the jugs at the sink as he sold it?

Now that should keep the tank clean! Now I guess you would want to shower with bottle water!
Old 03-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I keep my tank nearly full all the time and use the water regularly. Water from the tank goes through the same 2 filters as the shore water. Drinking water goes through a final filter in the galley. 8 years full time. I have never understood RVers reluctance to use the fresh water tank. We rarely buy bottled water.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Sounds good Steve and I would do the same. My question would be, as a fulltime RV'er what are your options for filling up your fresh water tank when it runs low? Thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxsyjumper View Post
Sounds good Steve and I would do the same. My question would be, as a fulltime RV'er what are your options for filling up your fresh water tank when it runs low? Thanks

When we are getting really to leave a location with shore water I top up the tank. We rarely dry camp for more than 2-3 over nights. If we are dry camping for a week or more then water/holding tank rationing is much tighter.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #233

I do don't drink the water from my tank

However I always stay in campgrounds with full hookups...And I do drink there water,I change the full house water filter on a monthly bases...I have an automatic ice maker in my refrigerator and use it so whats the difference...
Old 03-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #234

boondock camping

I never wilderness or boondock camp...I know we maybe missing something but if there isn't a 50amp service,fresh water and sewage hookups I'm not staying there...
Old 04-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #235

I didn't bother to read the first 4 pages of answers, so I may be repeating (sorry if that is a no-no).
The fresh water tank is nothing more than a huge plastic container - just like you buy bottled water in. Empty, winterize (if necessary) and sanitize it, and it's no different than drinking out of a rinsed out water jug.
If you don't sanitize it from time to time - that is a different story!

Keep rollin' along!
2009 Cardinal 31SB; 2014 Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab with Curt 16K Rolling Hitch
jaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybe View Post
I didn't bother to read the first 4 pages of answers, so I may be repeating (sorry if that is a no-no).
The fresh water tank is nothing more than a huge plastic container - just like you buy bottled water in. Empty, winterize (if necessary) and sanitize it, and it's no different than drinking out of a rinsed out water jug.
If you don't sanitize it from time to time - that is a different story!
If you read the reports about what turns up in bottled water the story might not be so different. At least most of the plasticizer leaches out in the first few tanks. ;-)
Old 04-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #237

I filter it going in and have a filtered tap. I drink from this all the time, everywhere.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #238

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I really think the question should be: "Does anyone NOT drink the water out of their tank?"
Been doing it for over 50 years with no problems, but then I drank out of water hoses laying in the sun too. Went swimming in municipal pools BEFORE swim diapers were invented.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water