Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
I wave at all RV,regarless if it's a camper or a motorhome,When I'm in the Rv park I wave at everybody that drives or walks by.A lot of people already thinks we are all snobs just because we drive a motorhome,we don't have to prove it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Think I am just going to install one of these:

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399254512.137273.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  10.8 KB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triatik View Post
I thought flashing the lights mean speed trap ahead. I do this when the law is hiding. 😎
Many decades ago, before CB radios became popular, flash headlights once meant one thing, 2 flashes another, 3 another. It was the only way truckers could communicate while driving. And yes, most of them waved at each other back then, of course no interstates existed either. I don't remember what each meant now. A friend (retired trucker) is 10 years older than I, and he can't remember either.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Always wave at Class A's (snobs!) and sometimes tour buses (can't always tell as you approach).
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I like to wave but standing up and throwing my hands in the air makes if difficult to drive down the road.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
In a few trips we have made in two years of Rving we have never received a wave back. OTOH, 100% from fellow Vette owners.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #77

I don't mean no harm but I don't wave, never have and never will most likely.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #78

Safety first. And that is the key.

If safety allows it, I wave.

If I get a wave and feel it is unsafe for me to do so, I will try to flash my head lights (Smart Wheel Button) - but even then, I only do it if I can take the concentration off of the driving.

If I can't wave, or flash lights, I'll at least try to smile and nod my head. They may not see it, but I try.

If safety makes even a smile or a nod of the head not prudent. Oh well, that's the way it is.

Do I get waves back, many times.

But, I've just spent two week with 8 days of that as driving. I'm cruising along at my comfortable speed, and most of the times a trucker passes me, I blink my lights twice to let them know it is safe to come back over. I have two fingers left on my one handed count so far, of the the thank you blinks...

Guys, things are changing. Instead of CB's with general trucker chatter, we have bluetooth headset talking anywhere within the USA. A new breed of truckers. And, a new breed of the RV'ing community too. And that is OK - as things do change....

So, please - when you see me wave, or pull over to make one of those new fangled cell phone calls, don't be mean to me. Heck, I just learned how to email - and now someone is telling me my face must be in a book. What the heck is that all about. How is putting my face in my book communicating!!!

Now, please excuse me - I have a Beta Tape of the Sci Fi Time Tunnel to watch....

Best to all, and please consider this a 10 finger wave to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
I don't mean no harm but I don't wave, never have and never will most likely.
Today, I'm going to the local print shop and have them make some window decals for motor homes.

They are going to be a large waving hand with a large red circle around the hand and a large red line through it. You know, it will be for those that will never wave (safety reasons aside). It will signify a "Non-waving RV" so those of us that do, won't waste our waves and save our energy for those that do ; )

They should be in RV stores nationwide in 4 weeks (curmudgeons get a "two for one"discount, just show your card).
Pa Uon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
We just got our first motor home, Class A in February. We took a long trip in the beginning of March down to San Antonio, I never seen any other motor homes on the road so never thought about waving. This last week, we took a trip up to Branson, and I met a few motor homes on the road and I waved. I don't recall getting a wave back. I didn't know if fellow RV'rs did this or not. I just remember doing it at my fellow bikers when I was a teenager. I'm still a young pup, so I haven't seen the time where everyone has waved, but know if I meet up or pass any of you, you will be getting a friendly wave from our home.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
A blast on the air horn does the job!
Mr LeMans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Most drivers of classic or muscle cars wave to each other. I have a 65 Pontiac LeMans convertible. Anytime I see an approaching cool car or truck they get the wave. More of a salute, really. One hand on top of the steering wheel, just extend the four fingers straight up. This used to be known as the Corvette wave.........

Frank
Mr. LeMans

(GTOs get a double salute!)
Mr LeMans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Uon View Post
Today, I'm going to the local print shop and have them make some window decals for motor homes.

They are going to be a large waving hand with a large red circle around the hand and a large red line through it. You know, it will be for those that will never wave (safety reasons aside). It will signify a "Non-waving RV" so those of us that do, won't waste our waves and save our energy for those that do ; )

They should be in RV stores nationwide in 4 weeks (curmudgeons get a "two for one"discount, just show your card).
Well you might want to hold to your hard earned cash, why would a non-waver spend money to show a waver he doesn't wave ? you'll know within seconds anyway for free !
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote