Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the all the replies. A lot of helpful information here. I'm probably not in a position to put a 110v Fridge in at this point but maybe down the road. I should have taken the cover off to let the Fridge breathe. Good idea.

sc3283 - NHRA Super Stock. Our motorhome is multi purpose. Weekends are equally split between Walmarts, Drag Strips, and Campgrounds. Life is all about the balance! Sometimes we hit all three in a long weekend

Drag Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #16
drag, a late model body or hemi?

96 Dynasty 36' that does NOT wander, thanks to RuppParts.com and their superior "poly" suspension bushings
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #17
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Nrrcold, Dometic and Fantastic Fan all say that it's more efficient to pull the air out than pus it in sot he fans should be located at the exhaust (top) vent
WOW! let me try that again!!

Norcold, Dometic and Fantastic Fan all say it's more efficient to pull the air out than push it in so the fans should be located at the exhaust (top) vent.

Darn fat fingers!!
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #18
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Makes sense to pull the air. Looking forward to getting home to try that.

I have a '71 340 Duster. Runs in SS/JA. I also have a '68 SS/AH Dart but its proven that it is not a family friendly car as it requires a full day's work just to make a few runs. That car is reserved for the odd boy's weekend. The Duster allows for some fun and quality time with kids instead of valve springs at track
Drag Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #19
Freightliner Owners Club
Installed rear cooling fan, and now the frig is maintaining a temp of <40 degrees. Prior to the rear cooling fan, we were in the mid to upper 40's. The hot weather was really hard on the frig until we had the rear fan installed, now all seems ok.....
Dobby_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #20
Nor'easters Club
My 1991 had it's fridge updated to the Dometic Classic model. It worked "OK" when I used it in moderate temperatures. However, once the mercury hit 90, all bets were off. I got stuck parking with the fridge chimney facing the sun and no trees or shade in site. My fridge temp crept up like a housecat stalking a mouse. I'd read all I could on installing a fridge fan, and decided to try that route.

I wrote an article for the RV Newsletter about the install:

WanderMan: Do You Like Your Drinks COLD? - Installing a Fridge Chimney Fan.

Since then I get down to under 40 in the fridge and -2 in the freezer within 8 hours in "normal temps" and at 95+ with the single 120mm fan running it will maintain those temps when set to "4" out of "5" on the control panel.

An easy and inexpensive fix!

Rich "The Wanderman"
1991 Aero Cruiser 23RBa Class A
Almost 100% Self Sufficient!
Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #21
On a recent camping trip I had trouble with my Dometic staying cool enough. I noticed I was a little of level front end high. I leveled the MH again and it strarted working. It stayed below 40 even with the outside temp close to 100. I have a extra fan inside the fridge and that is it.
2015 Grand Design 29RS 5th wheel
Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
springer pop did you wire the fans in parallel with 12 volt valve or do they run all the time? thanks.
berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
Installed a switch for them in the wall above the fridge so I can only manually control them.

They are all wired in parallel, so it's all or nothing. "On" during hot days, "off" during the cooler ones. Thermostatic switches are just another failure point that I don't need.

They are quiet enough to leave on all night if necessary or desired, and are virtually noiseless.

With a 50,000 hour expected life, and a current draw for all-combined at under an amp, I usually just leave them on if on shore power.

1999 Flagstaff 21FB, 2000 F-350 Lariat LB/CC 7.3L SRW 3:73
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote

dometic, fridge