Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
I didn't see any over the top precautions.

Do you believe everyone has your standards?
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #114

Hazardous or not, it's a disgusting practice that causes others a little anguish. Picking your nose may not be a health risk but others still don't want to see it. It's just rude but then folks seem to be getting "ruder and ruder" these days.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superburban View Post
We did a lot of sanitation the same way in Desert Storm, Did not have any soldier come down with any viruses. The garbage pit was right outside the perimeter, that and the latrine buckets were burned off daily. I'll never forget the smell, Don't know how, but you do get used to it.

I would love to see half the posters here, spend a week with any unit in the field.
LOL! Well said, thank you.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #116

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A while back I read an article purported to be from the Mayo Clinic claiming that the north American population was becoming too aseptic from the overuse of germ killers. The gist of the article was we are destroying the immune systems that have been developing over the millennia and we are just succumbing to the advertising of the major manufacturers of cleansing products.

I guess it all comes down to whatever floats your boat.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #117

Quote:
Nothing at all creepy about posting one image of someone
So you would have no issue with someone (without your knowledge), posting your picture on the internet....shaming you and making "an example of you"..... where you're minding you're own business and not doing anything illegal???

Just based on the responses here on this thread, few of us here have any issue with what he's doing in the first place. So this goes too far.
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #118

If you want to spray bleach on the faucet before I use it, go right ahead. It sure as heck won’t hurt me.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #119

God somebody put a stake in this time-sucking vampire of a thread.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post
There will just be another one to take its place. It just seems to be they way it is here. Can't quite call it the thread of the week. How about we just call it "The thread". When this dies, another "The thread" will take its place in a day or two.

Maybe we should give the OP of every "The thread", a star above his avatar. Recognize the ones that put forth the right combination of words to get the next "The thread" rolling.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #121

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadfrog View Post
So you would have no issue with someone (without your knowledge), posting your picture on the internet....shaming you and making "an example of you"..... where you're minding you're own business and not doing anything illegal???

Just based on the responses here on this thread, few of us here have any issue with what he's doing in the first place. So this goes too far.
I agree.

To me this kind of passive stuff is akin to being too big a wimp to confront anyone and go behind their back with this kind of sneak and then shame from comfort of home thing.

This is like losing your man card thing really.

I'm more of a settle things face to face type, and if I don't like someone getting in my face they get dropped on the spot with a knuckle sammich. But I'm pretty old school.

But back to the topic, I see zero issue with what the guy pictured is doing. The faucets are outside and subject to anything, bird poo, bugs, dog urine, etc. any number of things, it's outside for crying out loud. Squirt some bleach on it. Wait a few minutes for bleach to do it's thing and anything bad on it is gone, hook up and go on with life.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post

Just say NO
Walk away
Don't click

It is 'time' you will NEVER get back
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #123
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Okay...I was bored and read every thread. I think everyone should do what works for them. I don't let the thought of every germ, at every turn in my life, scare me. As I read this thread, one thing kept coming to mind. I'll bet that HALF of the people that posted, travel with their dog(s). I doubt, after the dog does his/her duty, be it #1 or #2, you scrub their feet or bottom. I'll bet half of those with dogs, then pick them up and carry them around or back into the coach. Talk about nasty germs!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #124

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Okay...I was bored and read every thread. I think everyone should do what works for them. I don't let the thought of every germ, at every turn in my life, scare me. As I read this thread, one thing kept coming to mind. I'll bet that HALF of the people that posted, travel with their dog(s). I doubt, after the dog does his/her duty, be it #1 or #2, you scrub their feet or bottom. I'll bet half of those with dogs, then pick them up and carry them around or back into the coach. Talk about nasty germs!

Ditto. . . Yes, yes & No [emoji240]❗️
Blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadfrog View Post

I've done my share of dumb, sometimes stupid things. Sure ain't no skin off my back if you take and post a picture of me in the act.

For the record, i'm not worried about germs at all. I flush the bugs out of the faucet and I never mess with bleach when I set up camp. Hey, I hold the slinky with bare hands when I dump!

This is another one of those things where a little common sense and respect should come into play. Just because you or I think something is ok doesn't mean it's ok for someone else. Some here feel it's fine to bring potable and sewer together, others not. For those of you who do, why not try something different, such as showing a little respect for those that think the practice is bad. Would it hurt you to use your own hose to rinse your slinky? Heck, it's ok for the spigot so it's gotta be ok for your potable water hose.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #126
Moderator Emeritus

This thread reminds me of why I don't attend "pot luck" dinners.