Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
This might be outdated information, but I believe Camping World only owns and operates one location south of Indianapolis. All the rest are independent franchises.
I searched the Internet and I cannot find where any of the CWs are franchises owned by independent operators.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post

Yes, proper spelling and grammar say something about how what you say is received by others.
Please refer to post #83. Not everyone can be what you think they should be.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I'd be very interested in the official finding in the fire marshals report. Until that is known, most of this discussion is moot.

This makes good sense. Well said.
Did the original poster ever say if he had comprehensive insurance on his MH? If not he may be left holding the bag anyway. A lot depends on the origin of the fire. Who was ultimately responsible for the fire? Was it camping World or the fault of another customer's unit going up in flames? Or did the OP's unit catch fire first? Or was it arson?
If the OP did not have comprehensive insurance his insurance company will be out of the picture. Some folks carry only basic liability insurance to escape larger premiums. If he does have comprehensive insurance he should be all over his company to pick up the ball and run with it.
Going to a lawyer would be expensive. At the rates charged for their services you could eat up thousands of dollars in no time. The OP's insurance company should go to bat for him if he does have coverage.
If camping World is found not to be at fault I wouldn't want to be in the OP's shoes when their lawyers come after the OP for liable and slander against their company. Then he might need a lawyer.
Lynn
Old 08-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #130

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

The mission statement makes no reference to proper grammar. Yes it is always nice when it happens but helping someone who has the same interests as I do is more important. If they are having an issue where we can offer possible solutions, that comes first for me. Complaining about someone's sentence structure has nothing to do with IRV2. Helping them has a lot to do with the "MISSION". The thread title obviously got the attention of a lot of posters and a fair response to the problem. Only a few had to complain about an unimportant problem ...... one that was unimportant to the majority.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #131

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboJet2 View Post
I searched the Internet and I cannot find where any of the CWs are franchises owned by independent operators.
As I said, I wasn't sure of my information. The word 'franchise' seems tossed about quite a bit when talking about Camping World.

My premise still stands though, a blanket condemnation of all CW stores and service is just as foolish as vowing, "You should never do business with (insert large chain business here) because I didn't like their (insert one time product or service here)"

To condemn ALL over 100 stores because of a bad experience at one is very short sighted in my opinion. While I am aware that many of the products they sell are available cheaper elsewhere, they obviously don't do people wrong in all interactions or they wouldn't keep increasing in size.

Pblic shaming bad treatment is cathartic, but we are only getting one side of the story.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 08-19-2015, 02:49 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
As I said, I wasn't sure of my information. The word 'franchise' seems tossed about quite a bit when talking about Camping World.

My premise still stands though, a blanket condemnation of all CW stores and service is just as foolish as vowing..........
I totally agree with you. Many franchise operators can give the franchise a bad name though. Take the experience I had at Popeye's in Springdale last week. Nah, not MH related ................
Old 08-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #133
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's get back to the topic and not discuss grammar or CW's business plans.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 08-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Let's get back to the topic and not discuss grammar or CW's business plans.
Thanks

Old 08-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #135

My motorhome recently burned so I speak from experience. File a claim on your own insurance, your insurance company will hire an investigator to determine the cause of the fire. If there is any way possible to make CW pay, your insurance company will get back their money plus your deductible. If they don't and/or they increase your premiums, you need to get a new insurance company!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #136

I am a lawyer - I would let my insurance company work all this out. I would not expect my rates to go up, but unless CW was somehow negligent with regard to the fire starting, I would expect to pay my deductible. I would not expect my rates to go up. If they raised my rates I would complain to a manager, and if they still went up I would drop them and shop for a new policy.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #137

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dogpatch -

Thanks for summarizing this situation in a clear and concise way that everyone can see logically without being emotional. Per your analysis, Camping World may not have been great at communication but may also be a victim. Its their insurance company we should be angry at!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #138
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormleys View Post
Dogpatch -

Thanks for summarizing this situation in a clear and concise way that everyone can see logically without being emotional. Per your analysis, Camping World may not have been great at communication but may also be a victim. Its their insurance company we should be angry at!
Thanks.

It's really important to read your insurance policy as soon as you get it. Due to the legal language, if you don't understand any portion of it, you need to ask for clarity.
All too often, people get upset because they don't understand the wording of their policy and the limits of their coverage. In most cases, people are under-insured.
When it comes time to use their insurance, they are surprised and upset with the insurance company's ruling.

It's not the insurance company's fault for the policy you purchased. It's the person who set up the policy for you and sold it to you (Typically called an Insurance Broker)

Finding out what your coverages are at the time of a claim need is too late.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #139

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dogpatch is spot on. Get your policies out and start reading. Not just your MH policy but all of your policies.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
Old 08-20-2015, 05:23 AM   #140
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The personal attacks and discussions on grammar have continued . The OP thanked everyone three days ago and hasn't returned. It's time to move on.Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread

Tags
camping