Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #85

You are way off base here. My vehicle was in the control of CW which I gave them as a responsible party for repair as I relinquished the keys to them. Walmart does work on vehicles and does have Garage Keepers Insurance for the customers who's vehicles have been dropped off and keys turned over for repairs. The general parking lot for customers no, that is unless the person moving shopping carts does damage to your car. If your vehicle is vandalized, then the police would be called and your insurance company would process the claim, comprehensive coverage, and when an arrest made would try and recover damages cost from the offender.
I also take offense to using my churches parking lot and the Golden Rule as you so put it as a basis for your argument. There is a rule about letting your Word be your bond. Perhaps you should read God's Word the bible about that. God not be the blame for something in my churches lot or the church for that matter, unless of course they did or didn't do something causing the damage. If the church collects keys of vehicles and makes themselves responsible for the well being of that vehicle then Yes. But not God, the church.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #86

Gulf Streamers Club
Having a "tall security fence with barbed wire top." is usually indication of taking due diligence. Years ago my brother worked for a Suzuki dealership that was also surrounded by a "tall security fence with barbed wire top." and the crooks used a fork lift to remove half a dozen snow mobiles in their crates right over that fence.

Cameras, guard dogs, or security guards all could have been used and there still could have been a fire, purposely set or accidentally. Again, sorry for your damage to property and loss of the camping season, but it's just not Camping World's fault.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 08-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #87

They can do surveillance with 2-3 people a day or cameras which also do a fine job and in the long run cost much much less. No a business can't do everything or cover every angle, but being a responsible business would be the right thing to at least provide the best they can do. Perhaps the fence is the best. I don't know that they have or have not had security issues there in the past. At this point I don't know if this was even arson, I can only say what was relayed to me by an upper management person within CW at this particular location. What is reasonable for this location and others like it when you assess the value of property and the potential loss in damages verses the cost to protect. Which do you think makes more sense for a responsible company and there are a lot of them out there. Just scraping by does a disservice to the company, it's customers, it shareholders if they are a corporation, and all the like insurance holders by which premiums are based for all.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #88

Damon Owners Club
I can read it! Venting is very good therapy! Give the proud owner A little slack.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #89

Thanks and you are exactly right. I didn't say that CW was at fault, just that as a company doing business, part of the responsibility of doing business is having the proper coverage for situations like this should they ever occur. CW has that insurance but have decided to let each customer's insurance do the claim. CW has the ability to file that claim as part of the loss, which they refuse to do. Why, I can only say that it has to do with premiums for the total company. I believe that this is wrong on the approach of CW. Thanks for the post.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CW may be self insured, a lot of big companies are.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #91

It is not the same, but I understand your point. You are right that the Representative of that store had no right to say that the company would do this or that, however when a representative makes those statements, then generally the company could be on the hook for the damages. But that is for judge to determine. I am saying that there is an apparatus in place to avoid that. The first is the Garage Keeper's insurance policy of CW for situations such as this (not blaming CW for what happened, but the risk every like business takes, thus the basis for insurance premiums), the second is my insurance company should the responsible (in this case CW), and the a civil suit should it go to that ( which that is not at all what I think should happen because there are always remedies which should always be exhausted before civil litigation), and lastly don't patronize a business because of unprofessional business practice. It is not always about the savings on where to shop. For me it is about does a company do the right thing in their business practices. We generally will never know until we are faced with a situation like this. I hope that my experience would help prevent a similar experience for others. That was the reason for the post in the beginning. Thanks for the post.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #92

Really. I did make spaces between the words and punctuation's between the sentences. Yes perhaps paragraphs would have been better, but that would have lengthened the post considerably. [ moderator edit ] But, thanks for the post.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #93

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wordofgodspe, Turn the Other Cheek. Personal comments are a great way to make sure your thread isn't read any further.

Thanks for the info on CW. You've got a not good situation. I'm with you that you shouldn't have to get your insurance company involved.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #94

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #95
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Personal attacks are not permitted here and some have been removed. Please refrain from such posts.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 08-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #96

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
Wordofgodspe, Turn the Other Cheek. Personal comments are a great way to make sure your thread isn't read any further.

Thanks for the info on CW. You've got a not good situation. I'm with you that you shouldn't have to get your insurance company involved.
WHY?? The OP suffered a loss. He has insurance coverage to help 'insure' he doesn't lose his property due to fire, accident, theft, etc. Have insurance companies done such a good job of getting people to pay for their coverage but never use it that you're afraid your rates will go up? Tell you what, you can save 100% of your rates by not having insurance at all. Or, you could only pay for liability, since most places require it by law.

I am very puzzled by this attitude of, "Oh, don't contact your insurance company, they'll raise your rates." In this case the OP did nothing that he could be held responsible for, he should suffer no loss or have his rates raised as a result of getting is insurance company involved. If his rates are affected, he shouldn't be doing business with that insurance company.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 08-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #97

Carolina Campers
Don't do business with camping world

Well, I just went through this thread.... My head hurts...
Old 08-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #98

A fair warning to the OP, companies are "getting tough" regarding negative reviews on the Internet, and this post could cost you much more than a $200 deductible.

I would think CW has the money and lawyers to; Sue for an "illegal campaign to damage, discredit, defame, and libel."

If they come a "knocking" you may want to check if your state has a anti-SLAPP law, and consult a lawyer of your own.

State Anti-SLAPP Laws | Public Participation Project

Tags
camping