Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2016, 04:32 AM   #1

DP has soot and water in bathroom

Poster has water and soot appearing in rear bath after driving in rain. When set up in rv park in rain for days no leaks. Can someone give him some advice?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/new-to-irv2-309281.html

Copy of original post:

Hello everyone, I have just joined iRV2. I have been RVing for 40 years and love it. Started out camping in tents, moved up to travel trailer, eventually up to motorhome. I am now the owner of a 2014 Tuscany 45LT and have had several issues dealer and mfgs have not been able to resolve. So I am looking to other owners for their help. I have resolved some issues on my own and only a few remain. My biggest one left is water in bedroom floor after driving in the rain. It also allows black soot in from around the bottom of the rear wall and over the shower near ceiling. I have crawled all around looking for apparent openings but to no avail. The slide in the bedroom seems to seal well also. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks, and I look forward to being a participant in the forums.

Thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like it's time to get hooked up to one of the pressure systems to find the leak/leaks. The company seals the MH then runs a positive pressure in the coach with a fogged. Then one can see the leaks from the outside.
I have only read about the process but sounds like good results from those having it done.

LEN
Old 09-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #3

Not knowing the floorplan doesn't help. Is this a rear bathroom? Does he leave a ceiling vent open or perhaps the ceiling vent leaks?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:32 PM   #4

that may be black mold not soot. if so, could cause health problem. should be removed.
samhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Not knowing the floorplan doesn't help. Is this a rear bathroom? Does he leave a ceiling vent open or perhaps the ceiling vent leaks?

2014 Tuscany 45LT, rear bathroom. He only has problem after driving in rain. No problem at campground when raining.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 AM   #6

Agree with OLYLEN, he needs to have the Sealtech test done. There will be no doubt where the problem is coming from and it can be sealed. Otherwise, it will probably be a lot of hit and miss.

Tags
water