Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ & Plover, WI
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaughlin View Post
We're traveling from Northwest Arkansas to St. Louis. About 250 miles each way. It is supposed to be pleasant, in the mid-70s, so I'm sure the dash A/C will be more than effective. I will report back with my actual mileage though.
That might not be enough miles to get an accurate mpg due to how hard it can be to fill the tank back to it's starting point. I try to get it the same every fill, but often find the right after I get a really good mpg result, the next one is below the average. For the best and accurate information at anytime and any distance is to buy the Silverleaf VMspc software. It takes a few times to calibrate it so it's accurate, but will give you the best information anytime you want it. The ac will take some power to run it and the fan, but I have never felt a change in performance (when the fan goes into high mode) or noticed any significant mpg loss. It's there, but not noticeable.
__________________

__________________
2013 43 QGP Allegro Bus
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
jondrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
That might not be enough miles to get an accurate mpg due to how hard it can be to fill the tank back to it's starting point. I try to get it the same every fill, but often find the right after I get a really good mpg result, the next one is below the average. For the best and accurate information at anytime and any distance is to buy the Silverleaf VMspc software. It takes a few times to calibrate it so it's accurate, but will give you the best information anytime you want it. The ac will take some power to run it and the fan, but I have never felt a change in performance (when the fan goes into high mode) or noticed any significant mpg loss. It's there, but not noticeable.
I have a silverleaf VMSpc and the only way I know to calibrate it is by filling your tank to a known level and dividing the gallons into the miles driven since the previous fill up. Then you can set a calibration factor. So it's only as accurate as that calibration.
__________________

__________________
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 552
I notice no difference. I use dash ac. When that doesn't cool the Coach I start the generator.
__________________
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ & Plover, WI
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
I have a silverleaf VMSpc and the only way I know to calibrate it is by filling your tank to a known level and dividing the gallons into the miles driven since the previous fill up. Then you can set a calibration factor. So it's only as accurate as that calibration.
That's true. But, it takes several fills and hand calculations to get it accurate. I finally have mine set to less than 1/10 of a mpg difference from actual calculation over a 2000 mile distance. I had to modify the factor several times to get it that close. Now, I trust that what it's telling me is accurate.

FWIW, the OEM mpg gauge reads 35-40% higher than actual.
__________________
2013 43 QGP Allegro Bus
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:41 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
jondrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
That's true. But, it takes several fills and hand calculations to get it accurate. I finally have mine set to less than 1/10 of a mpg difference from actual calculation over a 2000 mile distance. I had to modify the factor several times to get it that close. Now, I trust that what it's telling me is accurate.

FWIW, the OEM mpg gauge reads 35-40% higher than actual.
I know. I like getting 10.6 according to Freightliner.
__________________

__________________
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dash, fuel



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dash A/C service mid atlantic ( Md) Troutmad Class A Motorhome Discussions 3 07-15-2014 09:03 PM
95 Ford Dash A/C control unit problem fishfryer Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 2 07-12-2014 09:13 AM
Dash A/C has a Smell of Engine Exhaust CountryFit Class A Motorhome Discussions 12 06-14-2014 10:42 AM
Dash Heater & A/C Control Diagram RVBeagle Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 0 04-20-2014 04:32 PM
fuel mileage condor918 Monaco Owner's Forum 6 09-10-2013 07:30 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.