Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #1

Drain leaks when using shower.

I have a bathtub w/ shower. When we take showers I get water leaking into the outside water compartment. I'm sure it is the tub drain connection that is leaking. Do you have to remove the tub to access the drain, I don't see any other access to get under the tub. Thx for any thoughts on how to fix.
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

Bet the side panel on tub is removable. Look for screws. Or, unscrew the drain faceplate, the one that catches all the hair. then with a needle nose pliers, insert into opening and turn. if it turns it was loose, so keep tightening it. then apply new putty around drain, so water does not leak past the drain. If drain is tight, then the plastic pipes may have loosened over time. You will have to find the opening that will allow you access to those pipes.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Snomas1,
Consider contacting Newmar Customer Support at 800-731-8300. Have your coach or VIN number. The answer will depend on how Newmar built the shower connection.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had what I thought was the same problem. I thought the water was leaking from the drain. Got my hand up under there and found that the ring that tightened to the bottom of the tub had broken. Fixed it with PC7 and reinstalled it.
Next trip out it still leaked. What I found was that I needed to replace the shower faucet valve. It is made of plastic and leaked right behind the valve, ran down the outside of the tub enclosure, so that it looked like it was coming from the drain.
Simple fix from the inside of the tub/shower enclosure.

Just a thought that it might be something to look at.
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Drain leaks when using shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomas1 View Post
I have a bathtub w/ shower. When we take showers I get water leaking......I'm sure it is the tub drain connection that is leaking.........

How are you sure it's the drain?
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomas1 View Post
I have a bathtub w/ shower. When we take showers I get water leaking into the outside water compartment. I'm sure it is the tub drain connection that is leaking. Do you have to remove the tub to access the drain, I don't see any other access to get under the tub. Thx for any thoughts on how to fix.
Mine was leaking some time ago, the leak was dripiing into the mounted glove holder in the wet bay. right above it was a cutout in the flooring, with the black cloth like material kinda hanging from the cut out. Up inside was the tub/shower drain, I took it apart and removed the part that seals to the tub, cleaned off the old plumbers putty, and rolled up a new piece of plumbers putty and reinstalled it, hooked the plumbing back up and done. has not leaked sence.......
In the photo, the black paper towel holder.....to the right if it is the tan glove holder, you can see the blue gloves sticking out the top of it, the cutout I am talking about id directly above it......

Tags
leak, leaks, shower