Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #15
I love my driver door, If you want a safe coach and a driver door with steps look at a super C

Dune Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a drivers door and use it often, especially when in a filling station and use the power window when backing but use it mostly when setting up. I simply open the door and hit the levelers after placing my pads. You may want one for the DW's comfort but you may end up using it more than you think. Good luck in finding what you want.

2015, HR Ambassador 38DBT / 2006 Jeep TJ Towd
340 Cummins / Freightliner Chassis
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #17
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
Hohdr - Thanks for the info on the Winnebago Adventurers and Itasca Suncruisers. They will go on my list. Frankdamp - I am sorry for your problems with the driver door. I have no intention of ever using it. It will only exist to be a small comfort for my slightly claustrophobic wife who needs to know there is more than one way to get out of the coach.
The Winnebago version, 2013. I happen to like it a lot. It's a quick way to check something on the drivers side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-185745847.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	56326  
khogle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #18
Yes Check out the Winnie Adventurer series, they are very good gas coaches. BTW, drivers side doors are great, I really disliked not having them on a couple of other coaches, they are useful anytime you are parking, fueling, leveling or just checking in to a new RV park.

I find it maddening that so many manufacturers won't put them in to save a few bucks, if only people knew how useful they really are they might demand them.
Steven and Stephanie
2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
2008 Hyundai Elantra
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
I know Tiffin and the Georgetown XL still offer driver doors, but how about other brands? Has anyone else offered a driver door since 2010. I am looking for a used gasser, but 2010 or later. My wife has some slight claustrophobia and does not like a single door.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Don Simmons
I'm sort of like your wife; I would love to have another door on our RV. I worry about emergency exit situations, plus we have locked ourselves out of our Bounder once already. (Extra keys hidden in cargo bay now. )
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Many thanks for everyone's replies. Some of your comments have me thinking that the DW has a good idea. I have also added Pace Arrow to my list.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:14 AM   #21
Gotta have a driver door! Here's why! We enter several gated communities requiring an access card. Approach, put in park, undo seat belt, exit center door after arguing with the dogs, drop steps, walk around to swipe card to open gate, reverse all of this then sit back down ..... the timed gate just went down! To make matters worse, I glanced in the mirror only to learn I'm holding up a half dozen other folks behind me. Grrrrrr. Solution? Give card to wife!
BigRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the driver's door and love it, especially at gas stops and when I have to get out to enter a pass code to get in the storage lot. Another big plus is the power window on the door at toll booths, national park entries, etc.

It would probably not be a deal breaker if my next one doesn't have the door, but it's a plus for me.

Dan & Ro with two Rescued Boston "Terrorists"
2015 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
Previously '06 Itasca Sunrise 35A on a W22 Workhorse
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

door, driver