Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

Driver side floor is wet.

2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador SKT. The drivers side carpet is soaked. The Ac drain is not draining hardly any water out the drain tube. It's very humid so it's should be pouring. Tube itself is not clogged, I've blown it out an taken it off to make sure. When I turn Ac from max to reg Ac it drains pretty good. I'm not a Ac man so not sure I can fix the problem. Passenger side is where drain tube an everything is located, but drivers side carpet is all that's wet. The little silver round thing the drain tube is attached to has vacuum line attached also. Not sure what to do next since tube is not plugged. That was the logical simple thing to look at first. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you poked a wire up into the plenum? Dirt, leaves, and algae can form a mat that plugs the hole. I assume you're talking about the automotive A/C, not a roof top RV A/C.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Does your roof air drain through tubes or onto roof? Maybe it's a roof air issue.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If rooftop, tube may have become disconnected insid coach wall or ceiling... Plug the top and let it drain on the roof till you can investigate... Some have tied it in the roof to black tank vent when it clogs but that could fill your tank if your boondocking...
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #5

I'm not sure what the plenum is. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1467691159.794560.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	132102
I attached a pic of where drain hose is attached. It's possible I guess that it could be a roof air deal but I don't think so. On this rig the ac's just run on top of roof I think instead of tubes like others. I think it's the dash air condensation , I felt it drip on my bare foot all day.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:28 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
The plenum is the black plastic box that contains the A/C evaporator, the heater core, and the fan. It's the black box in your photo. If you poke up the connector where the hose attaches, I think you'll find it will release the 'dam.'

Bob & Donna
Old 07-05-2016, 12:16 AM   #7

Ya I poke a plastic wire tire in it but nothing came out. I will try a stiff wire tomorrow , I was afraid to get to rough with it. Thanks I will let you know.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #8

It's not stopped up right there. When Ac is on normal not max that flapper door opens up an you can feel where that tube connects. It's open in that area. Where else could the condensation be going ?
Old 07-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If i'm looking at the picture correctly, the "silver thing" is the actuator that opens the fresh air vent (which looks to be closed off in the picture so system is sucking in fresh air). If it drains well on A/C (fresh air) but not well on Max (recirculate), there is a chance there may be some trash (leaves?? who knows) near the actuator arm that are moving around and stopping the flow of water when AC is set to max. I'd turn the coach on, set it to max (so that door opens) then reach in there and feel around the drain to see if there is anything blocking it..basically just reach in there and feel around for anything that shouldn't be there.
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #10

I figured out the water pour out of drain when Ac switch is turned to the off position. Also my defrost vents are not blowing when defrost is turned on, so I'm assuming I have some kind of bad valve switch or something that's fouling things up. Guess I'll have to take it to an Ac shop.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfg59 View Post
I figured out the water pour out of drain when Ac switch is turned to the off position. Also my defrost vents are not blowing when defrost is turned on, so I'm assuming I have some kind of bad valve switch or something that's fouling things up. Guess I'll have to take it to an Ac shop.
Could be a vacuum line is cracked or off the 'can' that controls the defrost flappers. Normally, if all vacuum is lost the flappers will rest in a position that turns on defrost vents and closes those to the dash and floor vents.

I've cleared faulty condensate drains when a wire didn't clear the crud by flushing a bit of water into the drain hose, allow it to drain out, then repeat until it runs clear. You don't want to flood the fan motor, just loosen debris and allow it to drain out.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #12

My bad defrost does work. It still will not drain unless I turn the Ac off. Then it just pours out. Don't understand it.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #13

Sounds like the evaporator is freezing up which I had the same problem and found out after I bought a new thermostat for the AC. When I went to install it I found it to be a bad wire connection. Once I repaired it I was good to go now it turns off and on as it should and drains.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #14

I don't think it's freezing up. It drains immediately when Ac is turned to off position. Thanks for your reply

Tags
driver