Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
Driver side mirror

Hello all!!
I am a new member and a proud owner of a 1998 Sea Breeze 1310.
Is there somewhere I can buy a replacement upper mirror (just the glass) for the driver side, or do I have to buy the complete assembly? Someone was backing their MH into the spot next to where I store mine, and tapped the side mirror causing the glass to fall out. It's still in one piece though. Just a crack across it. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Haint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
See if you can find any info on the mirror as to manufacturer. You may be able to contact them for a replacement.

My mirrors are Velvac, I had to order parts from them, very good customer service.

Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
If you have the original mirror have a glass shop cut you one and epoxy it back in palace. Or as above find the brand and see if you can order the part.

2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
If you have the original mirror have a glass shop cut you one and epoxy it back in palace. Or as above find the brand and see if you can order the part.

An auto glass shop will have that identical replacement made in about 5-10 minutes and, you'll be on your way. That is of course unless there's something odd about your original piece, i.e. convex shaped or, anything that would prevent them from making it from flat mirror.
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hope the suggestions above work. If not these folks may be able to help.Mirrors
Neil, Lin, and our furry companions, Ashby and Cody. 06 National Surf Side.
demoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #6

Carolina Campers
Driver side mirror

I think I would start by telling your neighbor that knocked it out to get it replaced...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #7
National RV Owners Club
You can go to a R.V. repair shop and they can order you one.
You can bring this to your insurance Co. and if your payments are all paid up they may pay for it.

I have a 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. and once while traveling in L.A. Cal. a truck came by me on the freeway and got to close and damaged my passanger side merrier
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Contact Valvac they do sell parts for the mirrors. If you get the P/N you might find it for less then they want for the parts.

Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis with tag axle, Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #9
The upper mirror on the drivers side fell off as we were driving. I was able to order a replacement for just that mirror. It was easy to put on. See if there is a part number on the other mirror that you can use to order the mirror.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #10
Newmar Owners Club
after getting our MH washed at a truck wash. I got about a couple miles down freeway ang upper part of my driver side mirror flew off. Figured the pressure washing made the mirror loose. I went to my local RV repair and they ordered a new part and when it came in called me and I went by the shop and took about two min. to install. Mirror was on a snap in frame and was good as new.
s.j.sharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #11
Had mirror ripped off my motor home. Expect new mirror to arrive today. Because the mount holes were stripped, any suggestions on how to securely attach new drivers side mirror?

dogfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote