Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Drivers area partition

Has anyone put some sort of partition behind the driver / passenger area? I would like to do this to help keep the dash heat and air in that area instead of dissipating throughout the coach. It could also help if the driver smokes (me) and passengers seated in the back are annoyed. Far less rest stops.
JohnHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #2

I'm thinking the least expensive way and what many do is to get an adjustable shower curtain rod and use whatever you'd like for the curtain ...a standard shower curtain, light weight drapes, custom make your own, etc.

It won't keep all the smoke out of the interior of the coach but it will help a bit in containing it.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's what I did.
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV curtains.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	103340

Click image for larger version

Name:	close up of 2 tracks.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	103341
Hopefully they show up.
I bought and used flexible track and screwed it into the padded ceiling. I used about 2 inch screws and coated them with white glue and put them into the brackets made to hold up the flexible tracks. The tracks are steel with plastic coating. Once I put up the clamps, I waited a day and attached the flexible track. I used two tracks. One goes from behind the drivers seat to out and around the pull out sofa bed (when in use) That way my guests can be in the bed with a curtain like at the hospital pulled around the bed. There is an air gap at the top of the curtains so air circulates freely. The other track is a short one behind the passenger seat. When we are traveling, we simply pull both curtains out from their storage spots on the sides and clip them together. It keeps the dash ac air in the front and we don't need to use the generator and ac when going down the road. I know a shower curtain would have worked...but his way my mother-in-law has a curtain around her at night....and that is a good thing!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
I'm thinking the least expensive way and what many do is to get an adjustable shower curtain rod and use whatever you'd like for the curtain ...a standard shower curtain, light weight drapes, custom make your own, etc.

It won't keep all the smoke out of the interior of the coach but it will help a bit in containing it.
I run the genny and the roof airs. They say that the genny uses less fuel than running the dash air, no idea if true or not!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #5

Ride around on your local transit system and take some photos of the driver bulkheads. I was a transit driver after a couple of years of retirement from Boeing. I think a couple of transit-style driver bulkheads (opposite hand for the passenger side) would do the job.

Since those on transit coaches are also designed to provide some protection for the driver from obnoxious /belligerent passengers, they might be a bit overkill for an RV, but the basic design in lighter materials would probably do the job.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We bought a spring loaded shower rod and a clear shower curtain. We hung it up just behind the front seats when we were driving in hot weather. Since it was clear you could see through it and it parted in the center so that my wife could still move around. Once at our destination we took it down and put it in a closet.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:22 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Thanks guys. Great idea, never thought of using shower curtain rods. Come to think of it, never even thought of partitioning the front off.
rdm1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #8

Thanks for all the input. I like the clear plastic the best. That way I can see if DW is in back planning a mutiny.
JohnHenry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver