Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #113

If Mexico is so great, how come so many Mexicans are risking their lives to sneak into the USA?? Huh, huh, huh?????

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #114

I've been in the Baja 5 times (all on a motorcycle) over the years since 1980. The last trip was 2004 when the wife and I rode our mcycles from Seattle to Cabo, then ferried from La Paz to Mazatlan, then up the mainland (side trip to Barrancas del Cobre - Copper Canyon) to Nogales where we crossed back into the US. All 5 trips were hassle free, maybe we just got lucky. Would love to do it again but with current conditions I am satisfied with seeing enough of South of the Border. No way would I venture my motorhome down there unless it was with a caravan of several vehicles.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstakun View Post
If Mexico is so great, how come so many Mexicans are risking their lives to sneak into the USA?? Huh, huh, huh?????
Well, many are from central America, but generally speaking, if they speak Spanish they are referred to as "Mesicans".

If you don't want to travel in Mexico then don't go. I wish people would refrain from disrespecting a country they either no little about or just base their comments on something they heard from a friend that heard from someone who went their once. Mexico is a different country with a different language and a different culture. No better or worse than anywhere else in North America.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Well, many are from central America, but generally speaking, if they speak Spanish they are referred to as "Mesicans".

If you don't want to travel in Mexico then don't go. I wish people would refrain from disrespecting a country they either no little about or just base their comments on something they heard from a friend that heard from someone who went their once. Mexico is a different country with a different language and a different culture. No better or worse than anywhere else in North America.
Take a parrallel view of ISIS and Muslim people. IF the world's muslims would hunt down and stifle their own kind that bring dis-honor to their own kind, then the rest of us would be more inclined to honor the rest of you.

If you do nothing to fix the cancer among you, then the world doesn't need to hear your words of anguish; your doing nothing speaks for itself.

Yo siento.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Take a parrallel view of ISIS and Muslim people. IF the world's muslims would hunt down and stifle their own kind that bring dis-honor to their own kind, then the rest of us would be more inclined to honor the rest of you.

If you do nothing to fix the cancer among you, then the world doesn't need to hear your words of anguish; your doing nothing speaks for itself.

Yo siento.

Sorry. Couldn't follow that one. What cancer are we talking about.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #118

Quote:
Sorry. Couldn't follow that one. What cancer are we talking about.

I believe he was referring to the "criminal element" among them....drug lords, thieves, murderers, etc
Old 12-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I believe he was referring to the "criminal element" among them....drug lords, thieves, murderers, etc
So the industry that has sprung out of the biggest drug market in the world. The insatiable appetite of Canadians and Americans for drugs that they will pay any price for. And he thinks that Mexicans actually want this to be a part of their society. Very sad, not to mention extremely bad manners putting down other nations when ours are no better.

I'm done. Too many rocks in glass houses here. Disgusting.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:02 PM   #120

Quote:

No disrespect intended on my part. I love Mexico and the Mexican people (I sound like Trump). I own a construction company and 90% of my subs are Mexican and most have family in Mexico. We talk about this stuff all the time. Even they think it's dangerous. More so for Gringo's. I don't think that means they are disrespecting their country and fellow citizens. A couple of the workers have had family members kidnapped and held for ransom. They both paid the ransom but only got one of the captives back. The other was killed. I'll spare you the details but it was one of my workers father. Not arguing about the dangers in North America but for me I feel much safer Rv'ing in the USA. To each their own.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #121

Quote:

EXACTLY. And in the meantime the world watches and wonders why the US has such a problem yet seemingly chooses to do nothing, and the media are having a field day coming up with comparisons that make sense. - such as

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/up...t&pgtype=Blogs
Old 12-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #122
EV2

A lot of misinformation and slanted facts by our media and politicians. Inconvenient facts are that in spite of US being number I in per capita gun ownership we are not even in the top 100 "murder per capita" countries. At #111, that includes the U.S. cities that have the worst murder rate, which in most cases have the strongest gun laws and impossible to get concealed carry permits. If these cities were removed from US statistics, the U.S. would move to the bottom of murders per capita in the world. On topic, the per capita murder rate in Mexico is over 300% of that of the U.S.

I apparently look at things differently than biased, ignorant media as I do not wish to be murdered even if it is not done by a gun.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #123

Winnebago Owners Club
Driving a $500,000 Motor Home In Baja - Mexico

Bodies in Mexico ID'd as Australian surfers

Low level Mexican drug dealers posed as Federal Police, killed tourists, then burned their van and bodies.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/asia/m...ied/index.html
Old 12-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #124
GKW

This is a shot on hwy 1 typical of the main highway through Baja. You do NOT want to slip off the narrow lane when meeting one of the many 18 wheelers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1450242899.056626.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	114252