Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
We heat with a wood stove and have most of my life.
We always had a big kettle of water on top of the stove. Always had hot water and it kept the humidity level up as wood heat is also very dry.

2000 winne 37g
winniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
Thank you for many good suggestions. I actually did not know until this thread that one of my outlets works off inverter. Others don't so I assumed they all don't . Sensitivity is not just me. The rule of thumb is if I feel dry then my wife is times ten because she has more sensitive sinus and I really find it dry and she can't sleep well at all. The kids are really quite young at oldest of 4 age 8 and I just can't have heat below 64 and bundle. My only remaining question is what might produce the most moisture and suck the least power ?

2012newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Originally Posted by 2012newmar View Post
My only remaining question is what might produce the most moisture and suck the least power ?
Wet towels. To increase humidity, put a small 12 v. fan blowing acorss the towels. I would be careful to monitor the humidity level however, Excess moisture can cause mold, mildew, and damage to interior finishes. If you've been skiing, aren't all your clothes damp, thus providing moisture to the air?

For wife's bedside table, you could make a small wood framework in a plastic bowl with water in it. Hang a washcloth over the wood frame, with the cloth end in the water and allow it to evaporate.

By the way, if the towels hanging in the shower aren't significantly dryer by morning, your air is already as humid as conditions will allow.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
Either a wet towel with a small fan blowing on it or a humidifier. There are several styles and price ranges of humidifiers, I like the looks of this one: Amazon.com: Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off: Health & Personal Care

But if I were seriously looking for one right now, I would also check thrift stores so as not to have to wait for shipping. Personally, I like the kind that doesn't heat the water, and doesn't use a filter. They have a small, quiet motor and come is various sizes.

'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote