Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #15
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Our front and tag take 365/70's on 10" wide wheels, the drive axle takes 315/80's and I think they're 9.5" wide.
That thing is a beast!

Larry & Cheryl Oscar, Louie, Ranger & Henry (our Springers)
2010 Allegro RED 38QBA "Harvey"
2009 Honda Element "Towster"
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #16
On our MH... HR Imperial...all tires are 22.5's but The fronts are steer tires!

40ft HR Imperial DP + FROG
40ft DRV Mobile Suites RSSA
Freightliner M2-106
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #17
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
That thing is a beast!
46,503# dry weight, GVWR of 54,000# and GCVWR of 69,000#'s and yet it averaged 7.6 mpg over 45,000 miles.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #18
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I'm not going to change a tire on my coach. The guy CoachNet sends will be equipped and trained to do that. I'm told a mounted 22.5 in tire weighs about 250 Lbs. My coach lives every day at max gross weight; another 250 is not happening. For all these reasons I see no need to carry a spare.

Fulltiming since '12
2002 DSDP 40, FL, Cat 3126
Carrying a mounted spare does not mean changing the tire yourself, and I wouldn't even consider it. To me, it means that when CoachNet shows up,( I have them for over 12 years), that I have a mounted tire that they can switch out, and I'm back on the road.

If you run over something, and have a blowout, you'll have to buy a tire, if they even have one. Some folks have had to wait 2 or 3 days, for the tire shop to get one. That's why I carry a mounted spare.
USAF 1965-1971; USCG Master
2002 Horizon 36LD - 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:52 AM   #19
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
On an A chassis, they are different which is why you carry a spare tire instead of a mounted spare
A very good idea is to not make "Definitive" statements.

The proper statement: ON SOME A chassis, they are different

ON OTHERS (mine for example) they are identical.

Oh, I know they look different....But they are not.

IN fact.. When a rear tire blew early on we moved the front tire to the rear to better match wear patterns. Just turned the rim around (Since it was the outer that popped) and bolted it on... That was like 30,000 miles ago.

So the joke is 3 groups of men were ask "Boxers or Briefs?"

The youngesters answered one way
The middle age another

And the oldesters... Gave the answer I am giving to the Original Poster's qustion: DEPENDS

It depends on the make and model of your RV,, Some are, Some are not.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #20
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK y'all can get off your soapboxes (cap letters). I should have been more anally correct by saying "some". The point I was really trying to make was that carrying a spare tire is more reasonable approach than a whole mounted spare, whether or not it fits all your wheel positions.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:26 AM   #21
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
OK y'all can get off your soapboxes (cap letters). I should have been more anally correct by saying "some".
Dunno about the "soapbox" thing - I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with occasional use of CAPS for added emphasis which would be otherwise missed in an internet scenario. And words MEAN things. Using the RIGHT one isn't being "anal".

Now, someone who insists on typing in all caps the entire post....another thing altogether. Very bad etiquette.
Racklefratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #22
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
are the front wheels and rear dualies even interchangeable? It doesn't look like it. Seems like another reason to not bother with a mounted spare.
Thanks for asking as I was asking myself the same

And thanks for all the answers, I now can make a decision based on all the info provided.

2013 Vista 26HE, CHF (F&R), Rear homemade Trackbar, still looking for the best suspension
Tricolor is online now   Reply With Quote