RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2017, 12:49 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
I would love to flash my headlights on and off instead of hi/lol but with day time running lights it doesn't seem to work.

I agree-- the "safe to pull in" signal should be a momentary OFF-ON, rather than a hi beam flash.
If the DTR circuit interferes, just disable the DTR. I don't know why some safety whiz kids thought such a thing was Necessary anyway. Every vehicle on the road was already equipped with DTR. It's called a light switch.

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #30
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
When I'm below the minimum posted speed limit, the signals are flashing
FYI: Driving with 4-way flashers on is illegal in Florida, including in the rain. 4-way flashers are only supposed to be used for stopped vehicles, with one exception: if you are in a funeral procession.

I learned to drive (1960's) in NJ. We learned to use 4-way flashers when running under the posted MINIMUM speed, or under 45 mph. IIRC, it was stated on signs on steep upgrades.

I guess things have changed. I still flash headlights (OFF/ON) or flash highbeams to let another rig know they can come back into the lane. I usually only do this when I am towing my tall cargo trailer that also has running lights. (Maybe I look a bit more professional when towing? It does have a 10' high clearance. )

I also cycle my 4-way flashers twice to say thank you if someone else helps me. The only time that usually happens is when I have the tall trailer as well.

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I agree-- the "safe to pull in" signal should be a momentary OFF-ON, rather than a hi beam flash.

Many people feel that way, yet the vast majority of vehicle owners manuals describe the momentary high beam switch on the signal lever as the 'flash to pass' function.

It is an internationally accepted way of letting someone in front of you that they are either asleep in the left lane, or clear to pull back into the right lane.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #32

I think this horse has been beat to death.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post
I think this horse has been beat to death.
Probably, but I just wanted to add I don't generally use my ICC switch as it is located so that I have to lean forward and find it in a bank of half a dozen similar switches, which I consider an un-necessary safety issue, too much chances of drifting lane position while reaching for the switch..

Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch