Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyrice76 View Post
As there somebody on here with a Knight or a coach that would be close enough to mine that has an order in which they setup at camp.
Just did.
See above.

I used to level first, which is contrary to Monaco's published manual, but have discovered that if I put the slides out first I can get to my margarita mixing stuff sooner, a big plus in my book.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
The boat drink sounds like the key to everything. Thanks!!

troyrice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Jim got camp today and followed your checklist. Rig is aired down and level.

One other question the water pump light is on by the service panel in the basement. If I press the button it will not go out. The water pump light is not on in the coach. Any ideas??
troyrice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #32

When you dump air, your are only deflating the air bags, not the entire air system.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #33
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trutone View Post
When you dump air, your are only deflating the air bags, not the entire air system.
Not on my rig or any of the DP rigs I have owned in the past.
Dumping air is not just limited to air bags.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Not on my rig or any of the DP rigs I have owned in the past.
Dumping air is not just limited to air bags.
Proving once again that plumbing systems are different, one leveling system vs. others. I have pressure left in my tanks once dumped as well.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #35

JimM68 is right, on monaco product

1. pull/back in site
2. extend slides
3. turn key on to accessory only
4. press dump air button and pump brakes at same time dump air
5. turn on motor and press auto level button (i also continue to hold down dump air button because system automatically starts to air up when motor is running)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #36

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Proving once again that plumbing systems are different, one leveling system vs. others. I have pressure left in my tanks once dumped as well.
Same here on our Spartan MM chassis under our 2002 DSDP. It takes weeks for the tanks to bleed pressure off.
For just a few days stay all I have to do is wait for the rig to come up to ride height.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaux View Post
JimM68 is right, on monaco product

1. pull/back in site
2. extend slides
3. turn key on to accessory only
4. press dump air button and pump brakes at same time dump air
5. turn on motor and press auto level button (i also continue to hold down dump air button because system automatically starts to air up when motor is running)
Why would you pump the brakes while you are dumping your suspension?

On our Beaver we extend the slides first. Ensure that we have full air. Turn the key to ON engine not running. Press and hold the Dump Air button. This dumps the 8 air bag suspension only. Once the bags have dumped I press the Auto Level button twice. This begins the Auto Level process. If there is not enough air pressure in the tanks to complete the leveling process I can either start the engine to build more air or wait for the auxiliary 12 volt compressor to kick in and finish the job. I will usually just start the engine.

The air suspension and air brakes should be totally separate systems with only the compressed air reservoirs in common. What happens in one system should not affect what happens in the other. In other words if an air bag collapses this doesn't mean that you will lose your brakes. Nor will a ruptured brake diaphragm cause your suspension to collapse. Even if you were to completely drain your air tanks using the manual drain cocks the suspension will still hold air.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #38

Hey Craig, well not sure if this answer is what your looking for but, the reason i pump the brakes would be to speed the air dump which it may not on your beaver but on my coach it def speeds the dump, but if that's not important to some folks no problem. And i really don't know what systems are tied to each other, but i just know that i love, and often boon dock so in my short experience have found that a lot of times when boon docking the ground can defer in levelness greatly so i feel the lower i can get my coach (and the quicker, haha) that the jacks do a better job of leveling.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaux View Post
Hey Craig, well not sure if this answer is what your looking for but, the reason i pump the brakes would be to speed the air dump which it may not on your beaver but on my coach it def speeds the dump, but if that's not important to some folks no problem. And i really don't know what systems are tied to each other, but i just know that i love, and often boon dock so in my short experience have found that a lot of times when boon docking the ground can defer in levelness greatly so i feel the lower i can get my coach (and the quicker, haha) that the jacks do a better job of leveling.
I was just curious as I had always been taught that pumping the brake pedal with the spring (parking) brakes applied could somehow damage the system. I'm also a little surprised that when you press the "Dump Air" button that it would drain your entire air system. I guess Monaco plumbed your system much different than they did mine.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's a document from HWH describing how the HWH leveling system interacts with air suspensions: Air Suspensions and HWH

They describe two different systems, one of which (pilot air dump system, which is what I have on my Vectra) allows the suspension air bags to be dumped while the engine is running. Other manufacturers may configure things differently.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote