Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #1

Duncan Glass

Anyone used this company? I have a crack on drivers side windshield, glass claim dept at GMAC suggest to use Duncan. In fact, a Duncan rep called next day wanting to make arrangements with me for the replacement. Since I live quite rural I needed to make futher planning (when, where, etc). They even called back later to tell me they had glass and shop located 25 miles away that I could go to when glass arrived for fix. All sounds great, I just pay deductable....almost sounds to easy. I was not familiar with shop they suggested so called it up on Internet, if pictures mean much, place did not have much appeal nor the "we do great job on MH windshield" look. Anyway, anyone used the Duncan firm? Guess as long I am just paying deductable, it will not matter unless the job might require more than the small town auto glass shop. What say ye?
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I used Duncan in 05 when I had both sides changed on my last mh. They sent it to a local installer who was local. I was pleased with their service. They even sent two tubes of the right type of sealant to use, which the supposedly professional shop had not done on the last windshield job.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

I just used Duncan last week and was very impressed with their service. They have been doing this kind of work for many years and currently have eighty employees. They have hook ups in case you need to stay awhile. I give them two thumbs up.

M. Willis
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I used them on a couple windshield claims. Went through local glass shops. Worked out fine and didn't have any problems.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was in their corporate HQ office last week after being sent there by my insurance company for 2 windshields to be replaced their response was they have 1 installer employed and he was at a rally in Iowa if I'd like to wait until he got back!

Last summer I made an appointment to have all my fogged windows replaced (three months in advance) I got there a day early checked in the very first thing the morning of my appoint and was told that someone needed about 8 windows repaired so they gave my time slot away to them but I could wait in the lot free of charge and they would get right to me, 2 days later I got a call that they could not find me to repair my windows, gee guys I told you 2 days ago I would not wait, I'm no longer in Elkhart but in upstate New York (I still have 13 plus glasses to be repaired but I know 1 company that will not be doing them).

Can you tell I'm not very impressed with their service?

It seems not many installers want to tackle a 2 piece Pace Arrow windshield so it's going back to the factory in Decatur for them to be replaced
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #6

I have had 4 windshields replaced by Duncan. Three were replaced at their facility in Elkhart, IN; ant the other at a FMCA rally in Perry, GA. Service was great and installers are very knowledgeable. They stand behind their installs, because I did have one crack about 2 months later on one windshield. Replaced as soon as I could get back to their location. No questions asked. I have GMAC, too. With my first replacement, I questioned why Duncan? If you visit their football size warehouse, you would see racks of windshields stacks. They stock and ship worldwide for RVs and trucks. I would recommend them to any RVer.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

Glad to hear opinions on Duncan, most being good. I already see efficiency in office staff to find glass and shop for repair (filed claim on Sunday, got my first call from Duncan office Monday morning then confirmation of part and location of repair shop in only a few hours later, but I am concerned with glass shop they chose to make the fix. Think I will chat with the shop to see if they have done any motorhomes. Of course I can not expect much in the rual area where I live nevertheless if "a flag goes up" I might hold fix to when I carry coach in for a few repairs at dealership where purchased in October assuming they might do better job.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #8

I'm actually waiting on a PS windshield from Duncan to be shipped to a local shop in Olympia, WA. Their service over the phone was very professional and I was pleased with the ease of service.

The only problem I had so far was that they recommended and are shipping to a local glass shop that doesn't do mobile repair, I'm not even sure if you can do this kind of windshield replacement in a mobile situation.

Has anyone ever driven their RV with a severally cracked windshield? Ours is cracked very bad in the upper corner next to the entrance door with a large crack proceeding across the windshield to the center bottom. We had small glass shards on the dash and I taped the windshield to keep it from cracking any further. The seal is also come out at the top and I can see daylight from the inside.

One thing I did learn though, keep a roll of Glad Press-N-Seal handy for a quick temporary water seal. The press-n-seal stuck both to the RV and windshield and kept all the rain and moisture out.
Both US Army Retired - Fort Lewis, WA
Cilrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Early this month I called my insurance company because I had a 10 inch crack coming up the drivers windshield. They asked if I had a particular glass shop I wanted to us and I told them it didn't make a difference to me as long as the shop could do motor homes and deal with any windshield rust problems. The insurance contacted Duncan Glass and Duncan sent the glass to a local Precision Glass shop and the windshield was replaced. It appears to fit well and looks good. Have to wait until fall to see if it leaks. The glass was supplied by Duncan and they appear to have a good hold on the RV glass market. I don't have experience with the Duncan shops.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We used Duncan on our previous coach with a two piece w/s.

We scheduled an installation ahead of time at Ocean Lakes Campground. When we arrived they called and made arrangements with the park to come in and complete the installation.

It was installed properly, on time and on budget with our deductable.

Installers were professional and made sure we were satisfied before they left.

we would use them again.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Progressive uses Duncan. I just had to file a claim. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #12

Just had drivers side windshield replaced. Insurance referred to Duncan. They shipped the windshield to local mobile service. The mobile service called to make an appointment, showed up exactly on time (and I live in the boondocks), and was finished within an hour. Very good installation service.

Fred
Old 04-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #13

I'm very pleased with Duncan's service. Less then a month after we had our PS windshield replaced we had another stress crack in the new glass.

Duncan sent out a new PS windshield and we had it replaced in no time after determining what the cause of the stress was and getting it fixed. They do allow for a onetime replacement for stress cracks. They also paid shipping and labor on the second glass
Both US Army Retired - Fort Lewis, WA
Cilrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilrah View Post
I'm very pleased with Duncan's service. Less then a month after we had our PS windshield replaced we had another stress crack in the new glass.

Duncan sent out a new PS windshield and we had it replaced in no time after determining what the cause of the stress was and getting it fixed. They do allow for a onetime replacement for stress cracks. They also paid shipping and labor on the second glass
Nice to read.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote