Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #1

Duo-therm 5 button stat EE CODES

This may drive me to drink!! I have a tech working on Duo-therm 5 button state that original had no reading on the screen so I tried resetting and ended up with EE code after FF code came up first. Then I called the tech and he replaced 12 volt phone type wire to front Penguin unit , so now the stat has readings and front heat and air works but rear makes stat loss all readings until I turn it off and on. Next he finds wire from front unit to rear unit blows fuses on front board so he replaces that wire and all seems fine until front or back units compressors kick on or off then the stat losses all readings but they return after a few seconds, oh boy. Then he calls Duo- therm and they seem to think intermitent 12 volt loss he test all 12 volt and seem to be all there, calls again they say to reset stat and all is back to EE codes another call to factory now possible bad board. Tech scratches head and ask me to bring the MH to his shop so he can get deeper in . SO I'am looking for everyones thoughs on the problems.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #2

I have a 2004 Monaco Windsor with the same system. I was trying to diagnose a problem a while back to see if it was my five button. I found out on one of my phone wires that for some reason the wires are switched from one side of the phone cord to the other. This is done on purpose. I can not remember which cord it was, but maybe this will help your guy track it down.
mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I suspect the original issue is the replaced phone wire. A data connection also uses RJ 45 connectors and it is typical to reverse two of the pairs. Cable looks like a phone cable but it is actually Ethernet. Previous post is a good hint as to what happened.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #4

Tech was looking for the a.c board and no one had stock so before ordering the board tried new stat and a low and behold all is well now. I'am sure we had stat wire problems along with bad stat a $371.00 fix and all is cool on 95 degree day. Duo-therm problems can be a pain in the a** as with all electrical issues.
We are planning to get out to The Promised Land State Park, PA at the end of month to meet friends from upstate N.Y.The air conditioning will make life good if this heat keeps up. Thanks for the hints and a lucky guess by the tech.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
IKEEG.....I just went through a nightmare situation with a new front AC replacement and new 5-button Thermostat. The next time you have problems, turn all Florescent lights off and then reset the Thermostat, and if all things are normal......then turn on the Florescent lights, one at a time, until the AC'c quit working and you have found the culprit! Read this thread.......Rook

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/unim...ts-128657.html

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #6

Unhappy

I kept reading about ballests but I have regular 12 volt lighting so not and issue. I think alot of owners with newer coaches have had the problem with lighting , that would not make me a happy camper.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Fluorescent lights that I am referring to are powered by 12 volts. They do not have the old transformer ballasts, they have an electronic inverter that steps up the voltage to several hundred volts AC for firing the fluorescent tubes. They usually come in 12, 15. and 18 inch long versions, two fluorescent tubes for each fixture.......you got any of those anywhere? Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #8

None of those just a bad wire or two and tstat.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #9

Fixing my EE code on a 5 button duotherm.

My 5 button duotherm started with FF code. Did the reset turning the therm off an golding down mode an zone then turning on and releasING buttons. It reset couple times then went to an EE code and wouldn't reset. Dometic said the cable/rg connectors were bad or the AC circuit board. Rarely the thermastat goes bad. Finally got it fixed by replacing the rg connector only (not the cable) that went to the duotherm. Also when I cut the cable I blew the 3amp fuse located on the circuit board of the AC on top. Turn it all back on an did a reset and select mode an back in business again. Make sure to turn off AC and 12v powe before getting into the AC or cutting wires. Carry a couple spare fuses for backup too. 07/28/2016
Jcoll is offline   Reply With Quote