Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2016, 03:57 AM   #1

Dutch Star vs ??????

We are looking to make the move to a Dutch star 4369 is there any other manufactures we should be looking at that compare in quality and cost?
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2016, 04:12 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfauto View Post
We are looking to make the move to a Dutch star 4369 is there any other manufactures we should be looking at that compare in quality and cost?
When I was looking, I compared Newmar, Entegra and Tiffin. All in the size range you are looking and of similar quality and cost.

I decided on an Entegra Anthem....

Good Luck, in your search....
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:14 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
When I was looking, I compared Newmar, Entegra and Tiffin. All in the size range you are looking and of similar quality and cost.

I decided on an Entegra Anthem....

Good Luck, in your search....

Agree with Dr. Q. We too made this decision this year. Took a very close look at the Entegra Anthem, Tiffin Bus, and Newmar Dutch Star 4369. We choose the Dutch Star 4369, as its floor plan works well for us, and the customizations Newmar allowed us to make to personalize the coach. Enjoy the search, be happy with your decision, and have fun with the life style.
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:23 AM   #4

don't forget about AmericanCoach(REV/Fleetwood) brands:

American Dream/ American Eagle

Holiday Rambler

Monaco
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:37 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
I'd personally stay away from the Tiffins due to quality issues that I've observed and read about. Consider Fleetwood's American Coach too, though I favor Newmar and Entegra personally.

You will see a lot of "other-brand-bashing," particularly between a sub-set of "Entegra people" and a sub-set of "Newmar people." It's akin to the Ford vs. Chevy debate. Most people don't do it, but there are some that do, so be aware when you read posts--especially those that seem very negative about the other brands. RV's are like other high-dollar expenses. Most who buy them did their own research and chose what they felt was best for them. Maybe this decision was particularly hard for some people and the apparently need to continue to justify their decisions by bashing other brands?

Both Newmar and Entegra are outstanding brands, with very loyal customer bases. They both seem to do well with customer satisfaction and support (for new-RV buyers especial), and they both have very nice floorplans and choices. Newmar often appeals to those who want a more custom design, as they will allow modifications that other brands will not. Entegra builds similar quality but with less customization. Entegra is a much younger company but has broken into the industry strong and seems to be making good decisions. I've been following both brands closely, and currently give the nod to Newmar's Dutch Star, given my price point for the next RV.

I'm envious that you are in a position to be comparing these two brands.. Whichever way you go, you are in the market point for a very high quality RV that'll deliver many years of luxurious RVing.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Camp with Entegra owners and Allegro Bus owners. We have a DS4369. For a large crowd (3 couples) gathering inside, both the 45B and 45OP has ours beat hands down as we have the 2 recliner option. We like the large shower and dual sink in mbr and the large pantry next to refrigerator. It all comes down to personal preference. We all have minor issues, just as in home ownership.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #7

Wife and I just got a 2016 American Coach Tradition 45A that had been sitting on dealer lot for a year. We got down to it or a DS probably 4369. The 2017 American Dream 45A is closest to what we got of the new models but it does look to list/sell for a bit more than the Dutch Stars. (Even our 2016 was a bit more about $30-40k but 600hp vs 450hp and air leveling...)
Anyhow depending on where you draw the dollar line you may want to look at American Coach also.
THenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #8

Our 2013 Allegro Bus has been pretty trouble free with only minor issues early on. The quality is fine and what I expected. I just looked at a 2017 45' Bus and it appears to be even better in quality. My son has a 2016 45' Mountain Aire. It is better insulated, and has some great features. He says that the handling is superb. The quality control, not so good. In the first seven months it was back to the factory three times for 45 items. Some simple, but some major. He thought it was done, but on the last trip the full wall slide started to come out at one end. Right now he doesn't have time for a fourth trip back to the factory so will wait and see. I'm as surprised as he is disappointed, as I always thought Newmar was near the top. Maybe, and maybe not.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Camp with Entegra owners and Allegro Bus owners. We have a DS4369. For a large crowd (3 couples) gathering inside, both the 45B and 45OP has ours beat hands down as we have the 2 recliner option. We like the large shower and dual sink in mbr and the large pantry next to refrigerator. It all comes down to personal preference. We all have minor issues, just as in home ownership.

I also love the Allegro Bus. I skipped looking at Tiffin when I was buying as they were not represented in KC. Frankly had things worked out different I might be a proud Tiffin owner.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #10
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfauto View Post
Been spending a considerable amount of time reading/reviewing. Also went to Hershey (last week/2nd time). We're down to either a Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (1st choice/w recliners) or an Entegra Anthem 44A. This may change since we don't plan to buy for another 3yrs in order to go fulltiming.
Wish Newmar would put a regular pull out couch with a pull out bed on the PS side of the 4369
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
Been spending a considerable amount of time reading/reviewing. Also went to Hershey (last week/2nd time). We're down to either a Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (1st choice/w recliners) or an Entegra Anthem 44A. This may change since we don't plan to buy for another 3yrs in order to go fulltiming.
Wish Newmar would put a regular pull out couch with a pull out bed on the PS side of the 4369
Doesn't the couch you want fit in that spot? Newmar will reconfigure however you want, as long as stuff fits...
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #12
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
Doesn't the couch you want fit in that spot? Newmar will reconfigure however you want, as long as stuff fits...
At Hershey last week, the Newmar VP of Sales said because the refer was on the slide (different thickness of slide floor) doesn't allow a regular pull out bed? Go figure.

They also had some Newmar techs at the show. I had some other questions for the techs (where to place ladder on DS when getting on the roof, insulation, where to put the water softener) and should have questioned them about the pull out bed...

Heck... I'd put hard rubber blocks under a regular pull out bed to work...
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
Since you're not buying for 3 years, make a list of the new ones you like and in 3 years you can buy used for a LOT less. Then you'll know what to search for.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #14

Done Deal !

We went with the DS 4369,picking up Friday .
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star