Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #1

Dutch Star vs Ventana 4369

I am new to this forum and not new to class A motor homes . My wife and I are getting back into rv's and going to visit Newmar factory next week. As the title says we are looking at Dutch Star 4369 and Ventana 4369 are there any thoughts as to why I should spend the 50,000 more for the Dutch Star.
Thanks Jerry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcj71 View Post
I am new to this forum and not new to class A motor homes . My wife and I are getting back into rv's and going to visit Newmar factory next week. As the title says we are looking at Dutch Star 4369 and Ventana 4369 are there any thoughts as to why I should spend the 50,000 more for the Dutch Star.
Thanks Jerry
Let me give this a try, after 2 years of extensive research. I guided a friend to a purchase of a Mountain Aire which he loves. For myself, our replacement is the Dutch Star over the Mountain Aire (or Ventana).

I assume you are talking about 2016-2017 models to compare. Remember they both use the Star Foundation (great design) but the Ventana has a shorter wheelbase (stability) and lighter capacity.

The DS has a fiberglass one piece roof and the Ventana uses a Brite-Tek roof system. Remember the arch ceiling in the aft bath on the DS.

The huge difference is the new Flush Floor on the slide out. Although the trim piece is a little strange the tile floor in the slide is fabulous.

Overall the cabinet construction and materials selection is much higher in the DS, therefore the higher price. Over time, the cabinet materials will be a huge plus.

Is it worth $50k (might actually be even more than that) it depends on whether the $50k will keep you from using the coach. The Ventana is a wonderful coach but there is a lot more to a Dutch Star.

Good luck

Tags
dutch star, vent, ventana