Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2017, 07:26 PM   #1

Eagle Guardian by US Warranty Corporation

What experiences have people had with the subject extended warranty company. I am not sure if I would use the full coverage over the 5 year 50K miles but the piece of mind would be a plus that if Ihad a major mechanical failure I would be covered.

My biggest concern is will they cover items that are not in a grey area. Small items like an entry step motor not working I can and will fix myself. But if a big ticket item goes I want piece of mind that it will be covered in a reasonable amount of time.

Any feedback would be great, I did a search but nothing solid came up.
Mark D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Remember, they are a contract, not a warranty. They give you far less legal recourse. Most include a clause making you go to binding arbitration so you can't sue them. Lots of wiggle room on their part to deny a claim.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
What experiences have people had with the subject extended warranty company. I am not sure if I would use the full coverage over the 5 year 50K miles but the piece of mind would be a plus that if Ihad a major mechanical failure I would be covered.

My biggest concern is will they cover items that are not in a grey area. Small items like an entry step motor not working I can and will fix myself. But if a big ticket item goes I want piece of mind that it will be covered in a reasonable amount of time.

Any feedback would be great, I did a search but nothing solid came up.
Well, you haven't mentioned what type & year of MH this would be for, the cost etc. Some might be worth it, some...not so much. Hard to judge or advise in the blind.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #4

I deal with extended service contracts on the automotive side. I can you that I won't own a car/truck without one with today's technology they are putting in these things.

Ask for a sample contract. On the back side there will be a clearly stated list of covered and non covered components.

Read through that section and make an educated decision. Typically when you research service contracts you only see the reviews from people who had a bad experience. No one ever takes to the review boards and sings praises when they had their transmission replace under the service contract. Lol
Old 08-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Well, you haven't mentioned what type & year of MH this would be for, the cost etc. Some might be worth it, some...not so much. Hard to judge or advise in the blind.
it's a 2011 American Coach American Eagle 45B. 41k miles and has a ISX 650hp. With discount including full payment up front it will be 9,600 for 5 year 50k miles.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM1N1 View Post
I deal with extended service contracts on the automotive side. I can you that I won't own a car/truck without one with today's technology they are putting in these things.

Ask for a sample contract. On the back side there will be a clearly stated list of covered and non covered components.

Read through that section and make an educated decision. Typically when you research service contracts you only see the reviews from people who had a bad experience. No one ever takes to the review boards and sings praises when they had their transmission replace under the service contract. Lol
That's always my view. You mostly hear from the people who are upset. That's why I made my post, to see how many positive comments there would be. It seems this plan had little negative feedback, they have been in business since the 70's so based on coverage if they don't have a policy of deny and fight I think the piece of mind will be worth the cost.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #7

Quote:
That's always my view. You mostly hear from the people who are upset. That's why I made my post, to see how many positive comments there would be. It seems this plan had little negative feedback, they have been in business since the 70's so based on coverage if they don't have a policy of deny and fight I think the piece of mind will be worth the cost.

US Warranty has a decent reputation in the automotive space. I can't think of a reason that wouldn't transfer over to the RV arena.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #8

Wow. Just got a quote from Good Sam. $2400 for a 1 year policy on my 2010 fleetwood gasser.

I'm believer in extended service plans but that's crazy!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
it's a 2011 American Coach American Eagle 45B. 41k miles and has a ISX 650hp. With discount including full payment up front it will be 9,600 for 5 year 50k miles.
As far as I know Cummins quit producing the DOHC ISX 650 when the 2010 EPA models came out. In 2010 they went to the sohc design and dropped the HP to 600.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #10

The engine production date was 11/09
Old 08-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #11

Click image for larger version

Name:	1570699.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	173158
Old 08-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #12

Unless something causes me to think otherwise I plan on getting the plan. I looked at repair costs that would have been covered under this plan and looks like we are paying 1k to 1.5 k per year with a 2005 coach.

Chances are that we will not have the entire $9,600 covered but I do think that 5 years of peace of mind is worth the fee.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Unless something causes me to think otherwise I plan on getting the plan. I looked at repair costs that would have been covered under this plan and looks like we are paying 1k to 1.5 k per year with a 2005 coach.

Chances are that we will not have the entire $9,600 covered but I do think that 5 years of peace of mind is worth the fee.
Then go for it.

10 years later I still have not spent 10,000 on repairs. So I would be ahead.

Repairs so far
Turbo, exhaust brake, injector, generator coolant tank, Leveler shear pin, stupid water heater,ground fault.

Have not included wear items like tires.

Tags
warranty