Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
If I'm just overnighting and the coach is close to level, I won't dump the air or use my jacks.
X2.

okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffian View Post
I'm a little curious about what is the polite way to start the day.

When we travel we usually try for an early start. 6 or 7 A.M.

When I park in the evening I dump my air before leveling, so the next morning I have to fill the air tanks.

The question is; should I start up and let it idle slow and quieter for longer or turn on the cruise control increasing the idle speed, and the noise level, for a shorter period of time.

What is the consensus as to the best way to be a good neighbor at Sunup.

Keith
Hi Keith, here is a thread that was just on here about what you are asking..... How early is too early?

Old 12-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #17

I'm not one to walk the camp ground with a mother may I attitude. I fire up , get air and idle out. No complaints yet.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
I'm not one to walk the camp ground with a mother may I attitude. I fire up , get air and idle out. No complaints yet.
You never hear them.....
Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
You never hear them.....
Palehorse 89..........your absolutely right. Lets hope I haven't awaken any of us on this forum.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #20

Early morning starts

I figure its a campground. People come & go every day. Just the way it is. I try to have toad hooked night before & make as little noise as possible. But whatever time I decide to leave is what it is. Slides in-start up --leave when aired up. No air horn. Lol

Russell
Old 12-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Daveb1 is right. Engine noise is easy to sleep through, but shouting and slamming are not.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Starting and idling a engine isn't the noisiest activity. Do whatever you need to in that area. 90% of people in CGs sleep past your departure.
What irritates me is the loud voices yelling out communications and instructions. Slamming doors is not a favorite either.
I actually like to get up early to experience the quiet time while everyone else is asleep.
I agree, idling your engine doesn't bother me, unless your one of those yokels that is continually revving your engine until it reaches temperature. The slamming of compartment doors and hollering at your traveling companion is much more annoying to us.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #23

There is at least a night's worth of reading about this topic on the forum. Responses range from: "do on to others as....." all the way to " ....the 'book' says I have to" or '' its my God given right to run my engine...." It takes all kinds to make the world go around, fortunately you dont have to meet all of them every day--just saying.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
How often have you camped near a freight train line? Any apologies given by the engineer at 4:30 AM as he blast his horn all the way through town?

I have found that most of the time we are not even aware that the folks next to us have pulled out until we look out the window. Most of the RVs are fairly sound resistant. Most of us are not bothered with the neighbors pulling out early. It is just a part of camping. Ones voice is more disturbing that the close-up procedure, in my opinion, at 5, 6 or 7AM.

Camping includes travel. We must be forgiving to one another when a reasonable effort of curtsey is seen in how our neighbor is packing up. When one is noisy and disturbing we can look forward to them leaving. Most likely they were disturbing the neighbors the night before.

Thanks for thinking of your neighbors. You are already doing the right thing, no mater how you do it.

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #25
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Our coach is pretty quiet inside. I usually hear someone start up and then fall back to sleep. It's just normal activity of a campground. Be polite, quick and quiet and you can't go wrong.

My last coach was pretty loud at high idle. My new coach not so much. I do like when you hear the turbo spool up on warm up.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #26

Noise at campground

Pretty hard to get excited about the normal sounds of a coach getting ready for the road when most campgrounds are either sitting by an airport, railroad or interstate highway. This summer camped in North Las Vegas we saw some of our best leaving for work in some pretty cool rides. (near Nellis AFB) But they did make a lot of noise! Almost as much as the BNSF locomotives coming through the crossing at Williams Arizona beside Grand Canyon Railway Campground.
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Depends on if they(the next door) are the ones that came in at 11:00 pm. Then started at the yelling, left left no the other left. Ok good , Martha you can put the slide out now I got the poop tube on. Martha make me a sandwich and coffee. Door opens Fred you want ham or chicken "ham" door slams. You get the idea. Just a little fun. Start and go. It's a CG, people come and go.

LEN
Old 12-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I noticed you have a Monaco.
My Monaco manual says to bring air up BEFORE bringing slides in.
If I am staying one night, I do not dump the air.
If I am staying for longer, I preheat the engine with the Aquahot
so the engine is not cold.
I then only need a few minutes to air up, shut down,
then retract slides, do the rest of the packing up.
I then fire the coach and am ready to leave.

If I am leaving before 8 am, I tell my neighbors the night before.
Sometimes I will air up the night before, so I do not need to fire the
coach up twice.

Each coach has its own way of doing things and Monaco is one of them.

Courtesy is major