Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #29
Monaco Owners Club
I think more about the diesel exhaust dumping into my neighbor's rig than the noise. I understand that it's "just part of camping" but I try to minimize the duration.

Dick & Theresa
2007 HR Endeavor 36 PDQ
Lots of power to pull the toys I don't have time to use!!
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #30
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
I rarely stay at a camp ground for over night. when we have - the trains going nearby offer more wake me up noise than any other equipment or location
We stay at Walmart and don't dump air if just overnight. Some walmarts are better than others when it comes to night noise. especially the cleaning crew or the large trucks with motors running all night. we keep our list private so there won't be many other RV there.

La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #31
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What about not for overnight, but you are still a working stiff that needs to get home to go back to work to keep paying the Social Security Taxes and Medicare Taxes for those who already are retired and hoping that there is something there for me and the next generation when I retire? I would and do overlook those who attempt to be as quiet as possible on their departure and hope you have a safe trip to your next destination or home. I realize that everyone has their own agenda and hopefully are attempting to be as respectful as possible.

Recently I had to depart at a very early hour, 4:30 am to get back to go to work with a very long drive, but I did all the prep the night before I possibly could, the only motorhome next to me was my parents and they said they never heard us leave.
Johnny Rotten
2009 American Eagle 42'
Trailering HD Road Glide and Saab 9.3 or Cadillac Escalade ESV
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #32
You have the idea, be as considerate of others as you want them to be towards you.

We trained ourselves to sleep with a white noise machine running. I never hear outside sounds, well, except for Havre, MT, the CG is between the highway and the RR switch-yard.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:17 AM   #33
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
just for info home depot letsyou spend the night there ?
safe travles bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #34
Originally Posted by BoDu View Post
Pretty hard to get excited about the normal sounds of a coach getting ready for the road when most campgrounds are either sitting by an airport, railroad or interstate highway. This summer camped in North Las Vegas we saw some of our best leaving for work in some pretty cool rides. (near Nellis AFB) But they did make a lot of noise! Almost as much as the BNSF locomotives coming through the crossing at Williams Arizona beside Grand Canyon Railway Campground.

There's a train there in Williams? LoL.... Actually I don't remember hearing one at night, either they didn't run at night or I just tuned it out. Many times I never hear the folks next to me leave at night, unless they start talking loudly. Sometimes hearing loss isn't a bad thing! Usually I tell those on either side that I'm leaving early the next day and make my apologies before hand and then try to be reasonably quite as we're leaving. Most understand that you have to leave and make some noise. The other few that don't? Well......

Bruce & Teresa
40' 2000 Foretravel U320
Cummins M11 450hp
Allison HD4060R 6 Spd W/Retarder
Bruce & Teresa
2000 Foretravel
U320 4010
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
just for info home depot letsyou spend the night there ?
safe travles bob,linda & missy
Not that I know of. I have but I did not ask permission. Some Walmart's are not user friendly. I have been kicked out of one or two.

Happy trails to you too.

Rick Y

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote