Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,067
Ebay seller liquidator

Guys

There is a seller on ebay that is a liquidator in FL. I have been watching their auctions lately and have seen what appears to be some really nice deals. The other day I bid on a 2002 Damon Intruder. It sold for 22k. There is a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain DP on there now. My guess is it will sell for low 30's. Now I understand you might be concerned about not knowing the previous owners history but the feeback is nearly 100 percent. Anybody have any thoughts or comments about this operation or type of sale?

Thanks
__________________

__________________
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 175
Be very careful. If the starting price seems too good to be true then it probably is. Years ago there where scams all over eBay motors dealing with cheap motorcycles and yes the sellers all had 100% positive feed back.
__________________

__________________
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by middleman210 View Post
Be very careful. If the starting price seems too good to be true then it probably is. Years ago there where scams all over eBay motors dealing with cheap motorcycles and yes the sellers all had 100% positive feed back.

These are no reserve auctions. They start low like 4k but go up to about 60-70 percent of what you would normally pay. The units generally look great. Every deal is different so you just have to look at each on their own merit. I'm willing to bet some of you on here have bought from them. Just wanted to hear what you experience was.
__________________
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
terry735001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,158
Blog Entries: 11
i have lived in FL all most all my life


big motorhome do not go high down here and prices are down at the min TT move faster here

if the Rv has been here in FL for a long time look out for rust salt water getting in all you have to look out for as we get rain all most every day here in lower FL
__________________
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Z714X4's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 237
I have a friend that has bought two motorhomes through Ebay. He is very happy with both purchases and found his "right" unit the second time. First one he flew to Texas to buy and the second he flew to Florida to purchase. He was sent lots of pictures and was flat out told the stuff that was not up to standards. He was guaranteed money back (not for plane tickets) if everything was not as described.

I think that this, as with anything, you have to be smart, get everything in writing, you must have the right to inspect before purchase with a guaranteed money back in writing, and remember these words... Caveat Emptor.

Its very doable, just be smart and don't let emotions rule.
__________________
2011 Allegro 35QBA
Kar Kaddy KK460SS
2007.5 GMC, LMM D/A, Crew Cab, Z71 4x4, Long Box
Z714X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 135
A few years ago I bought a MH online from Michigan. I got it for about 65% of book value. It was a consignment at a dealers lot. I checked out the dealer and they were OK. When I bought it, it was as advertised and I camped in it for 4 days on his lot going through it. I bought a few things from him(batteries, etc) before heading 2,000 miles home. Prior to this I turned in at least ten ads to Craigslist as scams. There are deals out there, but sometimes you have to shovel a lot of coal to find a diamond.

2000 32W Bounder
Peter D
__________________
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Lincolnboy2's Avatar


 
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grand Prairie, TX (DFW)
Posts: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
i have lived in FL all most all my life


big motorhome do not go high down here and prices are down at the min TT move faster here

if the Rv has been here in FL for a long time look out for rust salt water getting in all you have to look out for as we get rain all most every day here in lower FL
Hey Terry! I lost site of your blog on the re-build! Looks like its going forward! Great work!

No offense to the OP, but I'm very suspicious of most things these days, including the fact that the OP is a very new IRV2 member, and that there have been many scams in recent years with coaches and 'great' bargains.

Beware.
__________________
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Hey Terry! I lost site of your blog on the re-build! Looks like its going forward! Great work!

No offense to the OP, but I'm very suspicious of most things these days, including the fact that the OP is a very new IRV2 member, and that there have been many scams in recent years with coaches and 'great' bargains.

Beware.
Non taken. I'm new here but have been around the block a bit. I have owned boats, airplanes and exotic cars. I even bought a boat and car package once off ebay but went in person to check it out before I purchased it. At the time I was an airline pilot and it turned out the seller was also so we had that in common. I went up to look at the boat but ended up buying his SUV also since I needed something to pull the boat with. I was not so much looking for advice on buying off ebay but was hoping someone had some experience with this particular liquidator in Florida. They are in Brandenton FL.
__________________
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Lucie West, FL
Posts: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Guys

There is a seller on ebay that is a liquidator in FL. I have been watching their auctions lately and have seen what appears to be some really nice deals. The other day I bid on a 2002 Damon Intruder. It sold for 22k. There is a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain DP on there now. My guess is it will sell for low 30's. Now I understand you might be concerned about not knowing the previous owners history but the feeback is nearly 100 percent. Anybody have any thoughts or comments about this operation or type of sale?

Thanks
For what it's worth, in storage, 3 slots down, the guy bought his mid 2000's HR Endeavor on eBay ... he likes it a lot and says everything that was wrong (nothing significant .. some carpet wear, etc) was noted in the auction. Gorgeous custom full body paint. He says he made a very satisfactory deal and the transaction went fine. Not your seller but an eBay auction none the less.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Lincolnboy2's Avatar


 
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grand Prairie, TX (DFW)
Posts: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Non taken. I'm new here but have been around the block a bit. I have owned boats, airplanes and exotic cars. I even bought a boat and car package once off ebay but went in person to check it out before I purchased it. At the time I was an airline pilot and it turned out the seller was also so we had that in common. I went up to look at the boat but ended up buying his SUV also since I needed something to pull the boat with. I was not so much looking for advice on buying off ebay but was hoping someone had some experience with this particular liquidator in Florida. They are in Brandenton FL.
Well, not too nice of a welcoming committee am I?

Noserider, WELCOME!!


I apologize for being so gruff, but appreciate you not taking it that way.

I am sure there are others on here that will know more about this particular liquidator. I bought used vehicles (a couple of Town Cars) on E-Bay going the Pay Pal to help broker payments, but not anything else, so I couldn't offer much in the way of advice.

There is a vast resource of knowledge and experience here on IRV2 and I hope someone will be able to help you out with some experience with that liquidator.

Again, Welcome and keep us posted! Also, We love pictures!

__________________
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Rich and Cork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,052
A friend of our bought a 2005 Bounder off a dealer in Florida last year and was happy with what he got. He hired a driver and had it delivered to California. He figures he saved over $5000, including the driver and fuel. He reviewed lots of pics and talked with the person selling the rig. I personally would have problems doing this, but he has purchased quite a few classic cars this way. I think that once you are in the swing of doing this, you get a good feel for things.
__________________
2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,067
What do you think of this Motorhome?

NO RESERVE 2002 DAMON INTRUDER 36FT CLASS A RV MOTORHOME CAMPER 2 SLIDE OUTS in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors
__________________
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
gauto5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
When I bought my first motorhome, I used to follow eBay along with Craigslist religiously. What I found with eBay was that many sellers were buying at the auctions and reselling online. Some sellers seemed to have an inside connection with the banks that fronted the loans for some of these rigs and were using these sellers to unload them. The seller doesn't really have any risk since they're probably paid a commission for unloading the RVs. Of course this is my speculation, I've been wrong before ONCE.
I did go and inspect some coaches and most were less than what the pictures show (which is true on anything). But some were decent and seemed like great deals. The biggest problem that I found was that the seller didn't really know the specifics on anything they were selling. And how could they since they just acquired the units themselves? But first and foremost keep in mind that if the coach is a REPO that it was probably neglected a little or a lot and you may have to put some money into it.
If you're handy like I am, you can really save big $ on a rig. But be careful, I scored big on my last DP and cannot be happier. The first gas coach I bought I wasn't as lucky and had put a lot of time and money into it to make it safe. I learned a ton on it and still am ok with what I had to do even though the seller was LESS than honest about it.
My advice when looking is question everything. Most people on this site are willing to help too. GOOD LUCK
__________________

__________________
2004 Fleetwood Discovery 3126 CAT engine
gauto5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.