Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #1

ecm

I have a 350hp. cummins engine in a 03 travel supreme i can,t seem to locate the location of the ECM. as the cuise stopped working and the smart wheel checked out ok.any info. would be appreciated...thanks pk42.
pk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
[QUOTE=pk42;1460247]I have a 350hp. cummins engine in a 03 travel supreme i can,t seem to locate the location of the ECM. as the cuise stopped working and the smart wheel checked out ok.any info. would be appreciated...thanks pk42.[/QUOTE

It might help to post the model of Cummins motor. Is it the 8.3L ISC? or another style. On the ISC, QSC 8.3, ISL, and QSL9 motors the ECM is located on the intake side of the engine right about in the middle just forward of the Fuel Filter. This is based on the service manual that I bought. Hope it helps

This is for the CM850 Series motors. Mine is known as either the ISC8.3L CM850 or the 330hp 8.3L ISC. It is also a 2004 motor which I believe is the same as the 03 motor.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is the Side View diagram showing engine part locations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Intake Side View ISC 8.3L.pdf (48.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #4

EMC

thanks phinneyj my engine is ISC. 8.3 and that info. was very helpfull i have to check for loose conn. if it is not that then it must be a bad emc....pk42 retired capt.oakwood FD.
pk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk42 View Post
thanks phinneyj my engine is ISC. 8.3 and that info. was very helpfull i have to check for loose conn. if it is not that then it must be a bad emc....pk42 retired capt.oakwood FD.
Glad I can help. Gave me a chance to go through the service manual I bought. Nice to see a lot of brothers on IRV2.com. I retired after 26 years as a Captain with the Sacramento County Airport System Fire Department.