Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
EEZ T515 TPMS install

I am moving from the TST 507RV system to the EEZ T515.

I received the new system about an hour ago. My first impression when I opened the box was quality. Everything is packed in custom fit foam cushion material. I pulled one of the flow trough sensors out to look at it and, once again, I thought quality.

I will now compare the TST components to the EEZ components.

Monitor: TST; small and hard to read. Can't see it in bright light. Controls are hard to access, mounted on top of the unit, and the buttons are small. There is an antenna jack that requires a long lead to a extension antenna if the whip is not sensitive enough. TST sent me the extended antenna for free. Even with it I often loose connection with a sensor and I have to restart the monitor. The 12V power cord jack for the monitor plug is too long. This is my second monitor because the first one failed (physically broke) at the power jack.

EEZ; This is a larger case with a larger screen. The controls are on the front, large and easy to push. The antenna is a short, permanently mounted flag type on the top of the case. When using the monitor a back light will come on when you pass your hand near the front of the unit. The display symbols are large, sharp and easy on the eyes.

Sensors: Both systems have pass through sensors. The TST sensors are cheaply constructed and even feel cheap when handling them. The valve stem mount is brass but has a rubber washer for a valve core depressor. The top of the sensor (valve stem) is aluminum. The pressure accuracy is less than optimum. +/- 3psi if I recall correctly.

The EEZ pass through sensor feels and looks like quality in the way it is constructed. Both the stem and the mount are brass and the valve core depressor is like that found in most tire gauges and air chucks. It WILL depress the valve core in the tire.

Setup: The directions for the TST system were very hard for me to follow. After some trial and error I got the sensors to read correctly. I could not trust them for accuracy. The temperature measured by these sensors was only the ambient temperature. The only reading that changed significantly while driving, or parked over night, was the psi reading.

The EEZ directions are very clear and easy to follow. I did misread them the first time through. On the second, more focused read, it was clear where I went wrong. The sensors all programed with no problems. I can't say about accuracy at this writing because I have not set the tire pressure yet at the location.

Monitor response on power up: Both monitors detect the sensors within 10 minutes. This is as far as my testing and observations go for now. My on the road test is still a week and a half off. That is when I leave this location, Comfort, TX, and head to Quinlan, TX, about a 6 hr drive.

More to follow.

Rick Y
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I find the pressures and temps do change with driving. I can also say the accuracy of my sensors (non-flow through) seems to be spot on when compared to my actual readings with my digital pressure gauge. I've been extremely happy with my EEZ system. I agree it seems to be a good quality system all the way around. I think you'll really like yours.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I find the pressures and temps do change with driving. I can also say the accuracy of my sensors (non-flow through) seems to be spot on when compared to my actual readings with my digital pressure gauge. I've been extremely happy with my EEZ system. I agree it seems to be a good quality system all the way around. I think you'll really like yours.
jt
Thank you, JT, for the encouraging words. I am hoping others will post of their ups and downs with their TPMS, no matter the brand. I remember having great expectations with the TST system. I was new to this coach and to TPMS's in general. As the troubles with TST mounted and the inaccuracy of the sensors become evident, I became skeptical of the technology. This forum had led me to believe that TST was the only brand worth buying. No one posted problems. What changed with TST?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #4

I have the TST 507(non-flow through) and they have worked great, not one problem for over 3 years. I use a repeater but I don't think I really needed it. I almost got the EEZ system.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
jt
I agree! Got mine in January. Non flow-through. Worked well for the RV and car from the drivers window.
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #6

I bent the little wrench so the sensors would not fall out when reaching around the tires to install. My buddy with the flow-through system reminded me to take them off when parked so the batteries don't wear out.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #7

I never used the TST so I cant compare, but, a tpms is better than no tpms. I have the EEZ, works great but I will tell the problems I've had, 1st not a problem, I did not get the flow thru sensors and have removed the theft resistant caps. Mh 36' trailer 24' no repeater. Now, if I go to tow dolly, I can't set two different pressures on the trailer, also, if hard wired, that plug is a smaller diameter and was turning off and on while driving, they sent me a cig plug I cut and hard wired .
Old 03-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
I have the TST 507(non-flow through) and they have worked great, not one problem for over 3 years. I use a repeater but I don't think I really needed it. I almost got the EEZ system.
2 stroker
2 stroker, I am glad that the TST system is working well for you. It may be the TST flow through sensors that are the major issue. But, with that said, the TST monitor is still a problem in viewing. I have been watching my EEZ monitor, mounted on the dash face with the suction cup mount. It is clear and easy to read, always. And, because I don't need the extended antenna, as with the TST, I can mount it where it is. These EEZ flow through sensors seem to track the changes in tire temperature pressure very well. I am parked and I can see the changes on the monitor as the day temps change. There is a big jump when the sun shines on a tire.

I hope your system continues to keep you safe.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 03-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
2 stroker, I am glad that the TST system is working well for you. It may be the TST flow through sensors that are the major issue. But, with that said, the TST monitor is still a problem in viewing. I have been watching my EEZ monitor, mounted on the dash face with the suction cup mount. It is clear and easy to read, always. And, because I don't need the extended antenna, as with the TST, I can mount it where it is. These EEZ flow through sensors seem to track the changes in tire temperature pressure very well. I am parked and I can see the changes on the monitor as the day temps change. There is a big jump when the sun shines on a tire.

I hope your system continues to keep you safe.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
I've had no problems with my 12 sensor (8 flow thru / 4 caps on toad) TST 507 system with repeater and standard stub antenna on the monitor. I found TST monitor easy to read and buttons on top help me stabilize the monitor on the section cup in the rare case I need to push a button. HOWEVER, with the comments and lack of response others are getting from TST now, I will certainly consider the EEZ system if I ever need to swap my existing setup out. I've seen some other systems that don't automatically scroll the values and that is a Must have for me to eyeball scan as I'm driving. Initially I was amazed at how much the tire pressures change due to driving heat build up ...from 120 to 138 on a typical day and verified with stick guage.

Thanks for the new alternative thread to watch!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #10

I looked at both but bought the EEZ in the end. One of the main reasons was the EEZ displays a worded warning rather than a lighted symbol. I want to be able to quickly figure out what is wrong if an alarm goes off rather than trying to figure out what that symbol means when it lights up. It also allows my wife to read the error quickly if we are in heavy traffic or I otherwise can't look immediately.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #11

I have the EEZ but the non-flow through caps mess up the valve stem guts due to the high pressure on the DP wheels (80+ pounds). Or I'm doing something terribly wrong...
Grace & Carl. Full time 5/31/16. Past-1980-ish 24 ft class A. 2003 Monaco Dynasty 40 Chancellor, 2010 Mini Cooper S, both CRASHED on 11/19 Now - 2006 Monaco Dynasty Platinum IV, 2011 Mini Cooper S CRASHED November 11/21 deer strike. 2016 GMC Acadia.
Pepperell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperell View Post
I have the EEZ but the non-flow through caps mess up the valve stem guts due to the high pressure on the DP wheels (80+ pounds). Or I'm doing something terribly wrong...
I run at 110 cold so something must be wrong. Doesn’t really touch the "guts". Just the end of the valve.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXduo View Post
I've had no problems with my 12 sensor (8 flow thru / 4 caps on toad) TST 507 system with repeater and standard stub antenna on the monitor. I found TST monitor easy to read and buttons on top help me stabilize the monitor on the section cup in the rare case I need to push a button. HOWEVER, with the comments and lack of response others are getting from TST now, I will certainly consider the EEZ system if I ever need to swap my existing setup out. I've seen some other systems that don't automatically scroll the values and that is a Must have for me to eyeball scan as I'm driving. Initially I was amazed at how much the tire pressures change due to driving heat build up ...from 120 to 138 on a typical day and verified with stick guage.

Thanks for the new alternative thread to watch!
I'm wondering what tires you have, Allen. I saw a pressure rise like that on my Michelin's. I don't get it on the Toyo's. I think I am getting about a 12psi increase. I'll know more when I run on this new TPMS in a week or so.

It's funny how people differ so much. I found the top buttons too hard to access and use. Because of the shape of the monitor I was never confident that I could even press the button successfully on the first try.

I have found most gauges that we typically use are way wrong. I have compared my Slime digital gauge to several others. Only the expensive stick gauges read the same as mine. This is a big deal when setting tire pressure.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 03-18-2017, 06:10 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperell View Post
Rubber valve stems? Will fail in time. Must use solid ones.

I noticed that I had to push a bit hard to get the sensor on. In doing so it is easy not to go on square. If that is what happened to you the core tip could have been damaged.

Tags
install