Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #29

Commercial Member

Valve stems & extensions

IMO

Bolt in metal valve stems are always more reliable than low cost "snap in" rubber stems when properly installed. Never seen a professional race car with snap-in valves

Rubber valves need to be replaced every 3 - 5 years as the rubber ages out.

Hose extensions if used should always have the outer end firmly attached (bolt, screw or rivit) to the hub to minimize the flexing that can cause hose failure. I have read info on failure of the rubber "donut" hose holder that resulted in a tire failure.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #30

I know if I order directly from EEZRVProducts they will program the system for our Coach for free.

I have not done the 4 corner weighing yet and have the Toyo tires at maximum 110 psi (actually Cummins put them at tire max last service, I put them at 100 psi last summer). Our Coach has actually been sitting here in our yard for 4 months on rubber stall pads (we use it for fun here at the house, it's heated and not winterized) and I read it's best to put the tires at their rated maximum for long term sitting.

Tires are Toyo 245/75R (22.5) max 110 psi. On the Gulf Stream label, it's 85 psi cold on both front and rear (same tire size).

I'm not sure what information EEZRVProducts will need but I'm sure they will want min/max psi.

Questions:
What should I tell them to program min/max psi for each tire?

What other information will they need?

Probably not a big deal, I can handle the programming on the technical side but still would be appreciative on the actual values I would use. I watched Bott's video, he sets hi psi at 135 and low at 84 with tires at 105 psi on his Coach but seen mistakes in the past.

EDIT: NVM on removing the anti-theft housing, just watched the video here:
https://youtu.be/2swRcd1cGeE
Lastly, I read that many with the anti-theft sensors remove the anti-theft housing. I will want to do this as well, is it straight forward to remove that housing? I searched but have not found any videos or pictures on this.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #31

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
TST video suggests lower psi to be 10% below and upper at 20-25%. Upper takes into consideration ambient temperature changes and heating during use.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #32

American Coach Owners Club
I got the flow thru sensors. No problem adding air to my tires. Did not want to deal with removing sensor each time I added air.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #33

The antitheft covers are trivial to remove before installation, just unscrew them by hand. It's only when they're installed on the valve stem that you can't get your fingers behind them that you need to use the little wrench to hold the back from spinning while you unscrew them. For pressure, just tell them what you set your tires at, they'll set the min 10% below that, max 20% above. Again, is simple for you to adjust these whenever you decide you want a different tire pressure, or a larger range if your tires go through larger temperature (and therefore pressure) shifts in your typical driving.
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote