Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #29

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Electric awnings use

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
Same setup as our Empress. Apparently the over the door awning can be set up to also close with the wind sensor. I will look into the wiring when I have more time down "south" this winter. I didn't know about holding it down for a few seconds - I thought one had to hold it down constantly.

Yes - hold "open" button constantly to extend and hold "close" button for "3 seconds" then release to fully retract "automatically". At least on our particular door awning...
I wasn't aware the door awning could possibly be set up to close with the wind sensor. That would be downright handy! When you discover the solution, I will very much appreciate your advising me, if you're so inclined.
Good to communicate with a fellow Triple E Class A owner!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #30

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Now wondering if holding the close button of the remote down for a few seconds then releasing will result in the big awning continuing to close after releasing the button.

Yes, that is correct for both opening and closing the patio awning - press and hold the applicable button (or rocker switch) for "3 seconds" then release, to extend or retract "automatically"! Not sure why the over the door awning isn't set up exactly the same way, instead of requiring constantly holding the button to extend??

Old 07-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
Same setup as our Empress. Apparently the over the door awning can be set up to also close with the wind sensor. I will look into the wiring when I have more time down "south" this winter. I didn't know about holding it down for a few seconds - I thought one had to hold it down constantly.
I was thinking the same. all the controls are in the same box! I'll have to try the close trick.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #32

Have the WeatherPro electric AE patio awning, with a side zip on sunshade. An 16 inch top portion is always attached and rolls up with the aening easily. My question, does anyone roll the entire screen up, or remove it each time. Using the sun screen is great, but if must be removed each night to roll up awning, makes it a, lit of trouble. Any ideas folks? Yeah/nay on rolling screen up with awning.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #33

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Have the WeatherPro electric AE patio awning, with a side zip on sunshade. An 16 inch top portion is always attached and rolls up with the aening easily. My question, does anyone roll the entire screen up, or remove it each time. Using the sun screen is great, but if must be removed each night to roll up awning, makes it a, lit of trouble. Any ideas folks? Yeah/nay on rolling screen up with awning.

We do not have a side zip sunshade for our WeatherPro patio awning, so regrettably have no personal experience to offer. I guess it depends in part on how much more bulk is added by including the entire sunshade in the rollup. I suppose one could try closing the awning in stages to see if the mechanism has the capacity to safely accommodate the full shade, at your own risk of course.
Would contacting Dometic/A&E for advice be helpful?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #34
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
We had the full shade on the awning. The zipper was too high so we used the whole sun screen. Most of the time the motor would stall out 2 -3 times (unless it was cold out). This year we had another small screen made that hangs down 3 feet from the zipper (now have 2 zippers). It works - gives shade and rolls up. I would do it differently next time. I would remove the entire screen and have a 4 foot screen made using the existing zipper - saving $85.00 - and therefore only have one zipper if we ever wanted to put on the extra 6 feet. We could also reach it from the ground.
On our coach the awning goes straight out because of a galley slid so it only gave shade at 12 noon.
It is an A&E awning and it is pathetic. I changed out the motor and it was the same.
Our last coach had a Colorado (SP?) and it would lift a car if the awning was tied to it. A&E was no help.
Oh yes, even with the full sun shade rolled up. The Awning traveled ok.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #35

Never leave a manual or especially electric unattended. Even low winds tend to put wear on parts and shorten the life of the awning.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum🎥

DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning