Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In 2001, we lived in rv while our house was being built. This was starting in June. With both ac running most of the time, our bill ran about $150mont. I don't think 77 is too high.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Come on down to my area along the upper Gulf Coast. Most of the campgrounds include the electric cost in the site cost. A nice site around here is between $350-$400 a month. How much are the sites in Florida?
Wayne,
We are wintering in Illinois due to wife still working for now. We are paying $450.00 a month. Includes water, electric, sewer and curb side garbage pick up. Does not of course include Propane. Although it has been a mild winter so far it is still pretty cold and we use quite a bit of propane for heat hot water and cooking. What kind of winters do you have in your area and can you name some of the sites
Thanks, Larry

Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The past couple days we have run the AC. It has only been in the low to mid 70's but it is humid. I think next week it will get down into the 40's at night and the mid to high 60's in the day time. Texas, our area, is one of those places where if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.

The best way to see what is in the area and the rates is to check out rvparkreviews.com. To to Texas, choose an area around Galveston, and the check the side bar for ther towns nearby.

I usually give Green Caye in Dickinson, TX a thumbs up. Not much in the way of amenities for kids, but there is a Par 3 golf course attached. Everything else is within 10-15 minutes drive. There monthly is typically $370 FHU including electric.

Galveston Bay RV Resort is right on the Bayou. (High priced, I think)
Space Center RV Park just off I-45
Kemah RV Resort
Marina Bay RV Resort
Bay RV Park
Jamaica Beach RV Park
Galveston Island State park (Time may be limited - now sewer)
Dellanera RV Park (Reopened)
Bayou Shores RV park near Moody Garden, Galveston
Lily's by the Bay
Sandpiper RV Resort
Tiki Tom's RV Park
Bay Colony RV Resort
Bayou Campground
Palms RV Park
Eagle Point Fishing Camp
Louis Bait Camp (New CG - close together spaced, lot of sites back up to the bay waters with board walk at rear of coach

And there are more. Again, check RV Park Reviews, then if you have a specific question give me a holler and I'll personally go to the site and look it over. Some in the area I would not recommend, but there are a lot that are good for wintering over.

Check the rates on the web sites. I guess I need to put together a canned report with links, huh?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
We are on a 6 week rental and our electric is paid the same. However the DW read the meter when we pulled in and again at 1 month. She said it figured out to appx $22. She is extremely conserative and I am not there half of the time, away for work. We are in central FL with the cg rate at $515.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #19

I just paid our Jan elec bill for a park in AZ. Some elec heater use, water heater on propane, no AC use. 375 kwh @ .20 a kwh bill was $75.00. This was the first time ever we had to pay 20 cents a kwh.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Come on down to my area along the upper Gulf Coast. Most of the campgrounds include the electric cost in the site cost. A nice site around here is between $350-$400 a month. How much are the sites in Florida?
We paid $470 a month plus the electric. But we only can get away for one month so the extra money I would save on CG would go to gas getting there. $470 is cheaper than what they are paying further south and most of them all charge electric extra.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #21

When we're home, not running any A/C, we feel lucky to get by on less than $100/month. So your motor home is essentially your home when traveling so I think the price you paid is very much in-line.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Check your meter. I got hit for 385.00 per month. Have diesel water heater. Also must say the meter was changed as it was moving without being pluged in. After a few sweet words and power company out a refund was given. Trailer Park has a budget of 200 per month in the 15 per day cost. If you go over you pay the difference. From mail box to water all is included. Be hard to find a site this cheap going south.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
I just paid our Jan elec bill for a park in AZ. Some elec heater use, water heater on propane, no AC use. 375 kwh @ .20 a kwh bill was $75.00. This was the first time ever we had to pay 20 cents a kwh.
We're in Mesa, AZ, also paying .20/kwh. So for those of you paying .14, you are doing well! Typical winter bill here (we have a heat pump) is around $75/month. Running 2 A/Cs this summer when the temps hit 110, I was told to expect the cost to run $200+ per month!
gdbontly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in Orlando on a year long lease. Site fees are 325 and .14 KWH. It is a nice, friendly park that had some bad reviews because they have some older RVs and people living here permanently. (l'll bet some have even spent a night or two at Wal-Mart).
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In California, a park cannot charge more for electricity than it paid for it. We spend around $80 a month during the cold months, 50-60 in the summer. It's really not much different than a house really. Refer, heater, water heater, lights.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Several questions and then three comments:

1: Did they meter your pedestal.. That is do they have a meter for every campsite or just a "Master" for the park or section of the park?

2: Do you know how much electricity you actually used? Or just a "Guess".

3 Do you knwo the rates the local power and light charges the campground?

Now the comments.

1: 77 dollars is not all that much electricity any more.

2: You have a right to plug in your own, in-line, watt meter between the park's outlet and your "inlet".

3: Some.. but not all.. states have laws that say "you can pass on the cost of electricity but you can not make a profit" And some campgrounds have been forced to refund excess charges under those laws.

HOEVER: This may not apply to you, since I do not know the law in any given state.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #27

do someone have a idea how much is the cost of electricity by month in Bradenton, Florida...

camping --- Holiday Cove Rv resort on Cortez drive.

demanding an average for the month of march

Thanks
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
do someone have a idea how much is the cost of electricity by month in Bradenton, Florida...

camping --- Holiday Cove Rv resort on Cortez drive.

demanding an average for the month of march

Thanks
Where we stay in St.Petersburg we pay 16cents per KWH. last march it was hot so we ran the A/C a lot and our elec. bill was 69$ but we conserve a lot. Our site is under a tree and there is always a breeze so we stay outside or go to the beach. I don't leave my waterheater on and run it on gas when I need to.