Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #1

Electric mirror

We have a 1999 Pace Arrow 34n. Last trip out I realized the passenger side electric mirror kept getting out of adjustment. Looking at it, without taking it apart, it appears it is very lose or something is broken. However I haven't tried yet to take it apart and so my question is, how do you take it apart to inspect it? Thanks so much.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wayne;

I don't know what brand mirrors you have but several years ago I had a cracked mirror and I ordered a replacement (mirror only) and it came with instruction on how to remove the mirror from the assembly. I was able to repair it myself. My suggestion would be to Google the manufacture of your mirror and see if you can find instructions on taking it apart. They might have a phone number. The other thought would be to call your coach manufacture and see if they can supply you with instructions. Good luck with your project. Please report back with your fix because we all learn from each other.

Don

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #3

Don, thanks, good advice. Will let you know what I find. This is the first 3rd Tuesday I haven't had a City Council meeting in ten years. Chose to step down this year so we can travel more. Three terms as Mayor.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have an '05 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. The driver's side mirror kept bouncing. Upon inspection, the whole assembly was loose. There is a bolt underneath that freed the assembly so the screws that attach the mount to the body could be reached. The bolt, when loosened, was repeatedly banged to dislodge the mirror unit from the mount. Wasn't fun on the side of the road! The mirror part is attached via three allen screws. That is as far as we have had to go (so far). Hope it helps.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it's a Velvac , here's a link to some previous threads that discuss adjustments.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Velv...com&gws_rd=ssl

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #6

Thanks, that helped. After the rain slows down I will dig in!!
Old 12-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #7

Hey all, upon further inspection I believe the mirror housing is what is loose. The electric works fine so now I just have to figure out how to tighten just the housing. Just barely loose.