Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #1

Electrical issue

Similar to Pogo's but different. On generator (5k) only rear A/C works, no power to outlets, fridge, etc.. Checked the CB's on the gen set and they are good. Checked power out of gen set and its good. Checked breakers on CP and they are all good. Checked power from gen to cp, nothing there. Is there another breaker or something I am missing? Replaced the GFI breaker in the bathroom for giggles. New to this activity so I really would like to get the RV up so speed as we are going out this weekend with it for the first time. Have not had shore power hooked up yet so that is an unknown. Thanks in advance if anyone has an answer. RV is a 94 Winnebago34RQ,
vapor2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Benny issue

I had similar issue. My 97 winne has a switch for the ac above the stove. The two modes are 30 amp or 50 amp/generator. If i start the genny in the 50 amp/generator position I have your issue. If genny is started with switch in the 30 amp position then things work fine. Good luck
andylarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice, I believe mine says front or rear for the a/c's, what mode should I be in? New to RVing and trying to learn alot! Is that the switch you are referring too? Thanks for the reply.
vapor2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It sounds like your configuration is somewhat different than mine so try starting the genny in each position and then test the outlets. You may want to go to the Winnebago website and download the electrical schematics. They are available for most models and I have found them helpful. You are starting to experience the real adventure of RVing. Good luck!
andylarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #5

Like Andy said, downloading the wiring diagrams for you model will save you a lot of headaches. The wiring diagram indicates your Adventure model did not include an ATS switch. You either plug your 30 amp power cord into the campground service box or into the generator recepticle which most likely is located in the same compartment as your shore power cord. The Winnebago drawing implies you have a short stub cable at the shore power electrical box that you either plug into a long extension cable or the generator recepticle. The AC dual Air switch allows you to control power to the AC units. On shore power you can only use one of the 2 ACs at a time unless you turn the generator on to power the other AC unit.

Option 1 - All power from generator:
Set AC selector to Front AC (like it says on AC selector switch)
With shore power cord unplugged start generator (unloaded). Let warm up and stabilize.
Plug Shore Power cord into generator recepticle.
Both ACs and all 110VAC circuits should be working.

Option 2 - Rear AC from generator, remaining circuits from Shore power:
Set AC selector to Front AC (like it says on AC selector switch)
With shore power cord unplugged start generator (unloaded). Let warm up and stabilize.
Plug Shore Power cord into 30 amp campground shore power recepticle.
Both ACs and all 110VAC circuits should be working.

Option 3 - One AC, remaining circuits from Shore power:
Set AC selector to either Front or rear AC.
Plug shore Power cord into campground shore power recepticle.
Selected AC and all 110VAC circuits should be working.
You cannot run both AC's off the 30 amp Shore power cord. It is possible to modify your system to tap into a seperate 20 amp circuit to power the 2nd AC however that is another story and addressed in other posts on IRV2.

Coach wiring diagrams: Wiring Diagrams

The information for your issue (generator/shore power 110VAC distribution) is located on the last page of the Body Wiring Diagram for either version (WCGV34RQ, WKGV34RQ) you may have.

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #6

I am looking for coach wiring diagrams for a 2004 Travel Supreme Select 45S04 and also a user manual for all electrical switches.
dan3320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #7

Travel Supreme went out of buisness in 2008 so trying to find information is going to be a challenge. From what I see, it would appear that the best place for you to begin your research will be the Traveling Supremes Club (Helpful Tips). That link is to the Travel Supreme tips page which provides some technical reference and coach repair facility information. Use the buttons at the top of the page for the remaining portions of the site. That sort of club is most likely going to be your best resource for your coach. BTW, Travel Supreme was purchased by Jayco in April 2008.
Look to Spartan Chassis for chassis related information (http://www.spartanchassis.com).

Good Luck,
Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On a 30 amp RV with generator and 2 Air Conditioners often the rear A/C is directly powered when the generator is running.

Thus failure of the rest of the house could be either the other breaker on the generator or an ATS failure.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #9

AC outlets doa while connected to shore power

I'm sure there's a breaker or fuse somewhere that will correct this, but sure where. I have a 2005 Monaco Knight. Any assistance is always greatly appreciated.
Casey
eyebecasey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical