Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #1

electrical issues could it be a ground ?

I have a 1995 monaco windsor with roadmaster chassi.When driving this motorhome my rpm gauges and volt meter gauge will stop working and it will also get stuck in gear and wont shift while driving.Was wondering if anybody had any of this happen to them and what they did to fix the problem.Could it be a ground wire and also if i leave it set over night without unhooking the batteries they will go dead.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Not being familiar with your steup, all I can suggest is: 1) look for any loose/corroded wiring connects/plugs that attach to the engine harness. Also see if you can get a wiring diagram for the MH. This will also help you trouble shoot the draining of the batteries which appear to have some type of parasitic load when the MH is shut down over night. Your battery disconnect switches/relays should isolate both coach and chassis batteries when off. Bad grounds can cause some pretty strange things to happen but, in this case I don't know with looking at a wiring diagram. Sorry I could not help any more.

Martin

Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #3

Just my guess here only.

Trying to get a wire diagram for (most, if not all) MH's is a non-strarter. These kinds of problems are when you just pull out your cheque book and 'Pay the Man.'

My guess is you have more than one 'problem,' these folks, by your description of the problem, know where to start looking. And tracking these damned things down is a 'Master Craftmanship.'
fae
Old 12-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
"Trying to get a wire diagram for (most, if not all) MH's is a non-strarter"

Fea,

I have to disagree with you on this. If a person has the mechanical apptitude and the time, it lends it self towards learning about your MH and saving the cheque book.

I fix aeroplanes for a living and have managed to find most but not all the technical data for my MH at no cost and it has saved the pocket. If I did not not have the back ground that I do then yes, I would probably have to pay the man. But I do encourage folks if able and the interest is there to perform at least some of thier own maintenace as it can help with the cost of onership.

Martin

Tags
electrical