Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #1

Elite Motorhomes

My husband and I are thinking about buying an elite motorhome (1990) it has 48000 miles and looks great but I don't know much about this type of coach and wondered is there anyone out there that can give us any advise about the Elite motorhomes? Thank you for any help possible

realRVvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by realRVvilla View Post
My husband and I are thinking about buying an elite motorhome (1990) it has 48000 miles and looks great but I don't know much about this type of coach and wondered is there anyone out there that can give us any advise about the Elite motorhomes? Thank you for any help possible
I've never owned an Elite but have seen a lot. I think, not sure, they were a top of line MH when in production.

Jim E

Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #3

Thumbs up

We have heard the same thing, we currently have a 2004 winnebago but it seems to be having problems faster than we can fix, and this one would be paid for and we expect some repairs to be needed but it would be nice to talk to an owner or past owner, it doesn't seem to have had leaks and appliances look new, my husband is worried about the engine which we will have checked out next before we buy
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
JMHO, but when we were looking last fall, we did not consider one that old. If you are having problems with an 04...think about the problems on one 14 years older.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #5

we've thought about that but this one looks so good and is remodeled inside, there was a death in family so that's the reason for the sale, but until we have it thoroughly checked we won't know. There are others we are looking at, but I thought maybe Elite owners could give me insight into this coach, I do appreciate any input possible, we were not planning on giving up on the adventurer but we've come to the point of throwing in the towel Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I looked very closely at this one 1989 Elite Motorhome 36FT Turbo CAT 3208 Rear Diesel Pusher, Gillig Chassis - Selling Assistant Consignment Vehicles For Sale I beleive they were very high end when they were manufactured. I believe this one was bought for around $25K. It was in nice shape for its age, and was always stored inside. Hope this helps. If nothing else, its an interesting way to compair to what you may be looking at. Jon