Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #15
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm due to renew with GS. How do I get in touch with Coach-Net?

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:06 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
http://www.coach-net.com/
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe neither Coach Net nor Good Sam will pay the roadside labor for dismounting, breaking down the flat tire and building up the new tire, and reinstallation.
So, from those of you have had a tire failure and no spare, how much should I have in the cookie jar to pay the truck mechanic who comes out with the equipment necessary to do the job?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I had GS ERS and had a blow out on my rear inside dual. Made the phone call and they got a repair service out to me. Now for the $$$$ part, the biggest expense was for the new tire, the total cost was just over $600 for one tire and that included removing from coach, put on new tire and reinstall on coach. Oh I had to use the jack to lift the tire off the ground as they didn't have a jack with them to lift the coach. GS paid for the company to come out, what I can't remember is whether they also paid for changing of the tire. This happened over 4 1/2 years ago. Gray matter is going. I currently don't have them and looking a going with Coach-net. So I would keep at least $650 to $700 in the cookie jar. Good luck.
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #19

Stevegeorgetown,

I have AAA standard road service with the RV added (not the premium service). They will bring out and mount a compatible tire, not neccessarily the same make tire, without charge. Just let them know what you want and they will attempt to bring the exact tire you request but it may have to be a compatible one if your exact tire cannot be found. I have actually had them do it. As it turned out, my tire had a leaking valve stem and they fixed that instead but had the new tire in the truck if needed. While they were out they also checked the air in all the other tires to make sure there were no additional problems. They do have towing limits though. Don't remember what they are but they will only take you to the nearest repair facillity. I think if you get the premium service package they will only tow you a farther distance.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Caa in Canada said there main buisiness is autos. So I will be going with a company that deals mainly with Rvs.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
I have AAA with RV option, but will probably get the coach net gold before we get real serious. Just have not got around to it yet.

Callsign: KD8W
hamdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #22

We had AAA Gold and added the RV to it for a 3 month period or until our annual fees were due. When we did get our bill for an entire year it was very high (can't remember the exact amount). I had already looked at GS and CoachNet and they were both much less expensive. Then I learned that I had to actually pay for my wife to be covered with AAA. I called AAA and ask if they would cover a roadside emergency if my adult son called them and needed assistance when he borrowed our motorhome and they said NO THEY WOULD NOT. After comparing all of the advantages and disadvantages of the three services CoachNet came out way ahead in our opinion. And yes we called Good Sam and requested that they please stop all of their junk mail to our address also.

Thank you
dcoff12 is offline   Reply With Quote