Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #1

Ems/onan 7500 quiet diesel no power

I have a 7500 quiet diesel that just started a new problem on my last trip. Web cruising down the road with both ac's running, all power to the coach suddenly shuts down. The generator remains running, and my Intellitec display shows no info on the display. I checked the breaker at the genset and it's fine. Checked the breakers at the main panel and everything is fine. Started shutting off and turning on the breakers at the main panel and the Intellitec display will flicker. Finally found out to shut off the rear AC breaker and them all works fine. As soon as I turn on the rear AC, after a short while all power shuts off. It's almost like the power shedding feature except all power shuts off. I do notice that the main power panel I pretty warm but it was also 108 degrees outside.

Anyone experience this and found a solution? Perhaps a bad board on the shedding controller?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
I have a 7500 quiet diesel that just started a new problem on my last trip. Web cruising down the road with both ac's running, all power to the coach suddenly shuts down. The generator remains running, and my Intellitec display shows no info on the display. I checked the breaker at the genset and it's fine. Checked the breakers at the main panel and everything is fine. Started shutting off and turning on the breakers at the main panel and the Intellitec display will flicker. Finally found out to shut off the rear AC breaker and them all works fine. As soon as I turn on the rear AC, after a short while all power shuts off. It's almost like the power shedding feature except all power shuts off. I do notice that the main power panel I pretty warm but it was also 108 degrees outside.

Anyone experience this and found a solution? Perhaps a bad board on the shedding controller?
Have you read all the Inverter manual ? I know on my coach if the inverter tries to run with the gen set running it sometimes causes me probs similar to yours.

Or, with 108'F ambient, could be too much draw from your AC's ?
With 1 AC running is everything ok ?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi crah,
Very warm and very cold temps do strange and bad things to a coach. Consider doing nothing until the temps return to 95 F or less. I suggest this recognizing the coach should work in the environment you described. For me it comes down to knowing what to expect from my coach and if it is reasonable, leave it alone. One can spend a lot of time and $s trying to make a coach run as close to perfect as possible.

An example is my Cummins ISC does not like to climb hills when the temp is >100 F. I could spend time and $s cleaning the radiator and engine, replacing the coolant (ahead of schedule) and heaven know what else. However, I get in the truck lane gear down to keep the RPM at 2000 and be patient.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote