Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #1

Question Engine access

Found a Holiday Rambler Endeavor 02 model with low miles in good shape and affordable. How difficult is engine access from the top? I could not buy any thing without looking at the heart of the beast.
Would really rather a side rad but not having any luck finding one in the 34 to 36 length requirement that I need.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcolog View Post
Found a Holiday Rambler Endeavor 02 model with low miles in good shape and affordable. How difficult is engine access from the top? I could not buy any thing without looking at the heart of the beast.
Would really rather a side rad but not having any luck finding one in the 34 to 36 length requirement that I need.
Dealer? Private seller? Ask them to open it up for you. In mine, I have to put the bed up and there is an access door held closed by 4 large flat headed screws. Have not looked in there yet.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Its a real PIA to access top of engine from bedroom, have to lift up bed, disassemble bed frame, then try to find the screws. Have done mine a couple times now, and its a task that I never enjoy.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
On my 02 Windsor there are two access ports in the bedroom. One is in the closet and the other on the step between the closet and bed.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything other than a Foretravel that would have a side radiator in a shorter chassis (maybe others can suggest other manufacturers that would offer a side radiator in a short pusher other than Foretravel). I believe you can get an older Foretravel as short as 34' with a side radiator.

Foretravel coaches are great. In fact, here is a 2000 36-footer asking 99k but I have no idea whether it is still available or not:

Look at the engine compartment access from the rear hatch ...beautiful! (CLICK)

This looks like a gorgeous coach ...and no, I'm not trying to sell it. I'd actually consider buying it!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:09 PM   #6

Alpine motorhome have side radiator in 34' & 36' I have a 34' and is a all round great MH
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty50 View Post
Alpine motorhome have side radiator in 34' & 36' I have a 34' and is a all round great MH
Oh! ...yeah, that's another one. How dare I forget good old WRV in Yakima in my home state of Washington!

I'm an alum of Central Washington in Ellensburg and it it was just a short jump over the Manastash to their plant which I remember touring shortly after they opened in the early 70s.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Top access to the engine will vary widely depending on the model, year, and especially the floor plan. So unless you get an answer from someone with the exact same model, year, and floorplan, whatever answer you get will just be generalities.

On my '07 Endeavor, the bed is on the side slide, so the engine hatch is easily accessible on the floor in front of the bedroom closet -- just push a few latches and lift it up.

So, as you can see from the wide range of answers here, there is no one size fits all answer. You're really going to have to get the seller to show it to you on that particular coach.

Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine